project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Glass-Shattering IR Goggles  (Read 2604 times)

Offline Senteth

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Glass-Shattering IR Goggles
« on: September 20, 2010, 03:08:32 am »
A few days ago I noticed an amusing little side-effect of using IR goggles in 2.3- upon use, any windows within its vision radius will instantly shatter, complete with sound effects of breaking glass. I've since tested it on multiple maps, all with the same result. :o Just what sort of equipment is PHALANX using here, and is it really safe for my soldiers health? I want the truth Cdr. Navarre, and no more lies! ;D

Offline Hertzila

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Glass-Shattering IR Goggles
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 01:55:46 pm »
SSHH! Be silent! Don't spread the rumour! It's not our fault that the UN wanted us to use these obsolete, radiating models! (That's some weak glass or strange radiation right there.)

Seriously though: Didn't you use the IR goggles by "shooting" with them and then the aliens would show up in its vision radius? Based on that I'd guess the func_breakable (I think) only checks if you shoot at it and not if the shooting actually does any damage. That or the IR goggles are actually programmed to do some damage to whatever you use them at for some reason.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 02:03:21 pm by Hertzila »

Offline parjlarsson

• Rookie
  • Chaos Gate next?
    • View Profile
Re: Glass-Shattering IR Goggles
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 02:18:23 am »
I absolutely love this effect - it was a great and cool surprise when it first happened. It's also blown open a door or some barrier for me.