project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: BAD Internet wifi con, annoys people  (Read 1645 times)

Offline EazY

• Rookie
    • View Profile
BAD Internet wifi con, annoys people
« on: September 15, 2010, 12:33:55 am »
This might b very off topic, but.. here goes. (UK'ERS might want to listen more i think)

Remember im skint and cant afford the £45.00 > £80 gpb high gain arieal that i cant be certain actualy works anyway.

Here it is, I own a Vod4fon3 USB Dongle, with 3GB allowance for £15.oo gbp. I know is a complete ripo0ff but until I move home I dont want to go with much more reliable contract. (IM UK BTW).  However I live in the most wifi (dl speeds are small kbs 40not Kb's Or KB's) signalless <-- Newword maybe, hmm... place in the central belt of Scotland (where infact I should bee able to gain the full amount. My old vod4 was the only fone that could get a signal,,,,hmmm... But theres 2 big hills.  <-there & there -> (need to put one V or A, not v or a,  up and down)

If anyone has similar problems? Any Idieas?

I bought a 10 meter extention just to realise it wasnt propler sheilded, nor, did it have the ferrits on the ends to help. so I'm using my say 3 foot one stretched to near my window that is sheilded etc...

Problem is it does help but just..  Does anyone know know of better ways of gaining better signals on the cheap.   

I'm thinking about getting a satalite dish and tring to direct my dongle to the nearist , stronger signal.  But dont think my land landlord would appreciate it.  Or Would wrapping my 10' cable in tin foil reduce the interference because it did disconnect the link often.  Should I buy what i think are called ferrits ( things that you get on the ends of cables just a inch or 2 before the connector / attachments).

Or would a salad/spaggetti collander (dish things with holes) make a good sat dish; would a sat dish work that way.

Could I convert anything to create much more signal for this DONGLE infact I'll mention it its a K3565, I bought it was because it was a best buy. ayeeee....

3GB (data allowance)= £15

BUT NO CONTRACT, which I needed at the time... untill i move house.