project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Only seeing tamans and orthnoks, for a looong time  (Read 4569 times)

antone

Only seeing tamans and orthnoks, for a looong time
« on: September 05, 2010, 03:02:33 pm »
Hi all
I'm playing 2.3 and I just wanted to ask if shevaar and bloodspiders are still in the game, it's now november in game time and i'm still battling tamans and orthnoks exclusively. They only come with plasma pistols/rifles/blasters/blades.

I have researched everything i can, up to the dragon interceptor.
Unfortunately i cant research needle guns, particle guns etc until i get my hands on one.

Do i need to do something to have the aliens step up their tech ?

Thanks

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Only seeing tamans and orthnoks, for a looong time
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 12:19:15 am »
Hi all
I'm playing 2.3 and I just wanted to ask if shevaar and bloodspiders are still in the game, it's now november in game time and i'm still battling tamans and orthnoks exclusively. They only come with plasma pistols/rifles/blasters/blades.

I have researched everything i can, up to the dragon interceptor.
Unfortunately i cant research needle guns, particle guns etc until i get my hands on one.

Do i need to do something to have the aliens step up their tech ?

Thanks

patience... :)

2.3 campaign is a bit slower than you expect. Shevaars and Bloodspiders are still in the game, even the weapons you mentioned, just come later in the campaign.

-geever

Offline Thrashard96

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 06:39:28 am »
Is 2.4 faster?

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 12:45:14 pm »

Offline sebtob

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 03:25:53 pm »
Hi,

I'm now already in April 2085 and still no sheevars, alien bases or tachyonrifles. Although i love this game, it's now getting exhaustingly boring to continue playing  :( Always hoping the promised features and items finally appear :( Trudging through mission after mission...
The weird thing is. I've already encountered bloodspiders. But now they're seem to be gone ??? Not a single one does appear anymore.
I just guess I must be doing something wrong.
My newest technologies are tachyonpistols and the coilgun. I've build the dragon, stingray and starchaser aircrafts. I'm deconstructing UFOs and use their antimatter, I've collected all alien species dead and alive. I have filled four quarantaine stations so far. I have the highest reachable reputation at all nations. I'm shooting down ufos with my aircrafts and play the base attack missions. But I'm still stuck in the storyline.

Am I the only one whos experiencing this? Has anyone an idea what I could do different to move the story forward?

Thanks in advance!

Offline sebtob

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 08:11:11 pm »
OK  i feel a little silly... right after my last post: First mission --> Sheevar appears!
I guess I just have to be a little more patient  ;D ;D

(and bloodspiders are also back  :) )

Offline Precisionist

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 02:21:29 am »
I have to agree, the pacing of this game compared to the X-Coms leaves a lot to be desired.  I'm at the point where I only have one thing to research, and I am deconstructing UFOs in like 5 different bases, but the pace is so slow (I am getting about 5 terror missions and shooting down a half dozen UFOs PER DAY) that the game has a very repetitive feel.

Does anyone know any trick or cheat code to make the game move along a bit faster (other than to just automission everything)?  I would like to see some new tech, but it is literally dozens of hours of gameplay time (doing the same 5 maps, fighting the same alien AI) before I see anything new.