project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Artwork needed  (Read 18095 times)

Offline Sims

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Artwork needed
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2012, 09:23:40 am »
I made an "classic" one with camera and tracks. Its more like classic human style. As i said. I don't know if any Idea is in discussion... The model is not finished, because i don't know in which direction it goes .. Sorry for my English.

Sims

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2012, 11:17:41 am »
Sims, there was another attempt to create a scout drone. I'm not sure what the status of that project is. I've got some of the files but I'd have to dig into it to figure out whether or not we can work with it.

The most up-to-date list in terms of content is our Roadmap. The TODOs for the next version tend to be fairly up to date, but I'm afraid the general TODO list is a bit of a mess. Sorry about that.

I like the design of your hover, but I think the "camera lens" parts are out-sized, especially considering the time period of the game. Camera lenses can be tiny these days and seemingly would be for a military scout drone. Unfortunately, the lens is pretty integral to your design so I'm not sure what to do about it. It is very nice looking, I'm just not sure if it's right for us.

Your tracked design looks alright. It's not as inventive or fun as the other one, but it could look nice with a really good skin. Are you able to skin the model yourself? In terms of the concept, we still haven't settled on exactly how the UGVs will work. Your design looks like it would be great with an inter-changeable turret, where the player could mount a machine gun, an observation bubble or a heavy barrel. But we haven't yet decided if this is how UGVs will work, so I can't guarantee anything.

Offline Sims

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2012, 11:54:48 am »
Hi,

Thanx for reply. I like the "spider" drone. It is more like the alien thing.  Like  blood spider. Humans could start to use some "human" tech and after research of blood spider manufactured the spider drone ... I remake'd the  "hover" ... I see i go in some sort to right direction. I try to make some textured and better models ...

Sims

Offline Noordung

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2014, 12:52:40 pm »
so i saw somwere that AA beam is needed.
so i was thinking like you need 4 beam cannons to produce 1 heavy beam cannon. heavy beam cannon can be used as AA beam or on aircraft on heavy pods. probably teh same demage but higher fire rate. 2-3x faster. but that would be late technology. once bigger ufos apear.

Offline Adler

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2017, 01:25:53 pm »
Is the Todo/Genral list still correct?
Is it worth to do something of that stuff? Because I have the feeling that, since the last version was released far in the past,  nothing is done anymore?

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2017, 10:50:26 pm »
Is the Todo/Genral list still correct?
Is it worth to do something of that stuff? Because I have the feeling that, since the last version was released far in the past,  nothing is done anymore?

Hello.

TODO/Generic is still valid IMHO, however its Artwork section is a bit too "generic". You may find better/easier tasks in TODO/RoadMap. For example a good "The Alien Strategy" Tech image (2D) could immediately added to the game while a new alien model need a mesh, texture, several animations, scripting and probably even a bit of code change.

Do you have anything specific in mind you would like to do?
Feel free to ping me about it so I can help.

"nothing is done anymore"

It is not quite true, but I have to admit that things slowed down a lot. The main focus of the 2.6-dev is the new UI design which is mostly done however some features are yet missing/broken. In the mean time we lost some people - even I was inactive for a while ( and still not up to full speed ). We definitely need fresh blood and need to re-organize ourselves. I would like to try to help with the latter one - but it is not so easy to do.

-geever