project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Base attack starts then imediatly jumps to geoscape  (Read 3186 times)

Offline alzyrian

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Base attack starts then imediatly jumps to geoscape
« on: September 26, 2010, 09:08:54 pm »
I did a search and did not find this specific occurrence reported.  Here is what i found.

One of my bases was being attacked, I selected to enter the mission, did not change any settings on the next dialog box, equipped the soldiers in the equipment gui, then entered the mission.  The base mission map appears and then immediately goes back to geo-scape leaving that base in red alert status.  I tried to enter the mission multiple times.  I also tried with the kill live aliens selection checked and un-checked.  I then noticed that there were multiple new messages in the message log, "You cannot process aliens yet. Alien containment not ready in this base.", one for each attempt.

The base in question does not have an alien containment.  This has not affected regular missions, other than not receiving the alien bodies upon completion.  I would speculate that the selection during a base attack that gives the option to kill all aliens in containment does not take into account that there may not be an alien containment on the base.  Just a guess as i have not looked into the code.

Doing an auto mission allowed me to win the mission, so it is possible to work around.

I am playing the 2.3 release version on normal mode.  Hopefully i am not repeating something already submitted.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Base attack starts then imediatly jumps to geoscape
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 10:06:11 pm »
We need ufoconsole.log to investigate the issue. Attaching the savegame would also help.

-geever

Offline mor2

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 06:50:20 pm »
i had the ~same problem, only in my case it was a terror mission in the middle east  ::) and it was loading italy map  :-\ then just after the tactical map loads and you can see the buildings it jumps right back to geo scape.

it's repeatable bug, no ammount of load/save, spend time do another mission first, fixed this specific mission.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 09:17:15 pm »
it's repeatable bug, no ammount of load/save, spend time do another mission first, fixed this specific mission.

So? Do you wanna help?

If so, please open a ticket on our Bug Tracker AND upload the savegame which it is reproducible with.

Thanks!

-geever

Offline mor2

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 04:17:57 pm »
like i wrote in another thread, i tried to help but some of the things are just too confusing for someone like me. plus i prefer to post here first, since all of the gameplay bugs i have found so far where already reported and in many cases fixed. so re submitting bugs or to be exact uploading saves, is something i want to avoid considering that i was pressing 'try again' for the past 5 min just to make it show this page (i am not home and here my wifi is just terrible)

p.s. you should really make a sticky with links to all of the community hotfix's like the alt+tab and the harvester of the tropical map fix(which suppose to be hiding somewhere here) and probably others that i havent encountered yet.