project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Some mention on deubber about base defense issues, here's a slightly different  (Read 2430 times)

Offline Sorath

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Hi there,

Interesting development in a game I've been putting some time in. For approx 2-4 weeks of game time one of my bases is considered to be under attack and thus will not contribute to research or anything else for that matter. I only found this out when it became impossible to destroy base facilities, although construction and equipping new ones were perfectly fine.

Here's where it goes a little strange though. Trying to see if this issue will expire with game time OR allow me to fight the base defence mission I launch a group of soldiers on the transport plane to another objective. Mid-flight I change the HQ location of the transport and send it on it's merry way back to its new base (the one which appears bugged.)
All seemed fine for the time being, until I launch the transport again, I'm immediately presented with the base defence popup. If turning off "equip soldiers" neither battle or auto-battle do anything. When selecting equip soldiers which bring me to the normal equipment screen. However, I seem to have a scientist character unable to carry weapons with list of soldiers on the left which do not bring up their inventory when clicking on them.

I have the save file (my latest...bugger it!) for this bug. Could someone point me where it actually is kept in the files though so I can upload it here?

Regards

Sora

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
I have the save file (my latest...bugger it!) for this bug. Could someone point me where it actually is kept in the files though so I can upload it here?

Please, open a ticket on the Bug Tracker and upload it there, you can assign the bug to me.
Savegame location depends on your Operating System, as it is in our FAQ.

My guess is that you're experiencing this Bug and other findings are it's side effects but better check it more times than never.

-geever

Offline Sorath

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Aye, seems like a close match. I spotted similar issues on debugger and on forums already. Not sure about equipping guns to scientists though.
Apologies for cluttering up the forums. A great deal of what you suggested could of been done by me if I actually just read the FAQ "Sigh"

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3051842&group_id=157793&atid=805242

added to debugger.

Regards

Sora