project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Worker Disassembly  (Read 10398 times)

Offline timewastr

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Worker Disassembly
« on: August 20, 2010, 11:17:41 pm »
First I want to say good job! I've played for hours now and would like to know more about ufo disassembly. Seems like it takes forever and nothing gets accomplished, i've found through the search feature that i may need to build anti matter strorage and i still can't figure out if all my workers are working on disassembly or how to assign more or any other ways to speed it up. I realize that you can assign more workers if you build more workshops. Your help is greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 11:35:13 pm by timewastr »

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Worker Disassembly
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 11:42:26 pm »
First I want to say good job! I've played for hours now and would like to know more about ufo disassembly. Seems like it takes forever and nothing gets accomplished, i've found through the search feature that i may need to build anti matter strorage and i still can't figure out if all my workers are working on disassembly or how to assign more or any other ways to speed it up. Your help is greatly appreciated.

The production works in queues. Every worker (that can - workshopspace) on a base work on the first item on the list.
To gather antimatter you need AM storage fully operational on the base you disassemble (by the time disassembly finishes). However you can only gather antimatter from non-damaged UFOs.
In 2.3 disassembly is quite slow. We have revised these disassembly-times recently.

-geever

Offline timewastr

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 06:07:11 pm »
The production works in queues. Every worker (that can - workshopspace) on a base work on the first item on the list.
To gather antimatter you need AM storage fully operational on the base you disassemble (by the time disassembly finishes). However you can only gather antimatter from non-damaged UFOs.
In 2.3 disassembly is quite slow. We have revised these disassembly-times recently.

-geever

ty for the reply, though i have been a pc gamer since about the time XCOM UFO defence was released i am still a bottom feeder consumer and as far as modifying games goes i am a total noob so my best bet is to probably wait for 2.4 By bottom feeder consumer i mean i play games but don't really modify games with fan made patches or any simple chnages or fixes, i'm just too ignorant and its hard to teach an old dog like me new tricks.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 10:04:47 pm by timewastr »

Offline Murphy

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 06:29:56 pm »
I too am finding the disassembly times painstakingly slow, I have now reached a point in my campaign where I have ran out of things to research in till I can disassemble a UFO which is taking 600+ hours with 40 workers and 4 workshops. I was wondering if there is any hotfix patch available to download? or will I have to to install the latest Dev version?

Also Hi btw, first time poster, long time follower!

Cheers,
       Murphy

Offline Thrashard96

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 10:58:04 pm »
hi, actually you can just change the aircraftmanagement.ufo file and that's it!

Offline Murphy

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 01:25:05 am »
Hmm couldn't actually find that file in my install, but im guessing im going to have to decompile something to be able to do that sort of editing?

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2010, 01:54:23 am »
No need to decompile, aircraftmanagement.ufo is included inside the base/ufos.pk3 file (a simple zip archive) you can extract it to a directory named ufos (under base) and modify it the game sould load the file 'over' the one inside the pk3

Offline Murphy

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2010, 03:51:44 am »
Ah I see, brilliant! I've now located the file, however I cant seem to find the parameter relating to disassembly time? There's no reference to such a parameter in the opening notes.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2010, 10:37:24 am »
Ah I see, brilliant! I've now located the file, however I cant seem to find the parameter relating to disassembly time? There's no reference to such a parameter in the opening notes.

look for produce time. produce/disassembly is the same for the code.

-geever

Offline Thrashard96

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2010, 02:51:34 pm »
That's what i did with my game... Sadly my computer's bios crashed and i don't know how much i could keep the system on... A month or so and i'll give up on my computer. Disassembled/reassembled computer 3rd time now, i guess ram is the problem.  And we don't have money to buy a new computer... So my computer's a mess: a lot of manuals are lying around, disks have overfilled the table, a lot of screws in the pencil case, so i don't know what to do next...

Back to thread, the code is easy to extract, since pk3 files are like rar ones, and ufo files are made from easy syntax.

Offline Murphy

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2010, 05:26:33 pm »
look for produce time. produce/disassembly is the same for the code.

-geever

Sorry cant seem to find anything like that in the code  :-\. Here's and extract of UFO havester code:
Code: [Select]
aircraft craft_ufo_harvester
{
param {
speed 10
maxspeed 18
shield 3
ecm 100
damage 250
accuracy 100
range 278
}
name "_UFO - Harvester"
defaultname "_Harvester U"
type ufo
model "geoscape/ufo_harvester"
size 2
numteam 12
building building_big_ufo_hangar
price 18000
image "geoscape/air_ufo"
slot {
type weapon
size heavy
contains rs_craft_weapon_sparrowhawk
ammo rs_craft_ammo_sparrowhawk
}
slot {
type weapon
size heavy
}
slot {
type weapon
size heavy
}
interestlevel 0
}
I don't see anything referencing assembly or disassembly time?

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2010, 06:06:19 pm »
Sorry cant seem to find anything like that in the code  :-\. Here's and extract of UFO havester code:

I don't see anything referencing assembly or disassembly time?

True, it is in research.ufo.
Well in my defence: it wasn't me who told you it's in aircraftmanagement.ufo. What I said is true. ;)

-geever

Offline Thrashard96

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2010, 06:44:59 pm »
I did, but i've messed up. Sorry.

Offline Murphy

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2010, 07:23:29 pm »
Ok just searched through the research.ufo file and its still not clear what I should be editing to reduce UFO disassembly times? Everything I found relating to UFO's or UFO equipment had 'producetime -1' which according to the opening editors notes:
-1 Will prevent the item to be produced. (Only needed if the thing 'provides' something and this thing is not meant for production.)

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2010, 07:30:57 pm »
Ok just searched through the research.ufo file and its still not clear what I should be editing to reduce UFO disassembly times? Everything I found relating to UFO's or UFO equipment had 'producetime -1' which according to the opening editors notes:

you need some rs_craft_ufo_* tech, and set it a lower (but positive) producetime. Sure they haved positive values.

-geever