project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Teemu's suggestions for UFO:AI  (Read 2654 times)

Offline Teemu Milto (Turku)

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Teemu's suggestions for UFO:AI
« on: August 25, 2010, 06:54:12 pm »
Version: 2.3 June 16 2010
-Problem 7.: ctrl + tab blocks the cursor to upper left corner on the desktop

-Problem 6.: saving broke after four saves and wouldn't react to the "save" button any more. It worked after relaunch and starting a new game. Geever, problem six happened again today 29.8.2010 after I had been to the desktop with alt + tab. I think the text field is unresponsive, although it takes in text. It disappears on relaunch from "Windose" 7. I have the new Asus 1215N, with D525 and Ion2

-Problem 5.: Losing 2 soldiers in a terror mission, switching to another terror mission in mid-flight results in that the two soldiers show active buttons but there is nothing in them

-Problem 4.: frag grenades slide past the enemy and drop over the edge of the map.

-Problem 3.: speed doesn't apply -soldier with 20, 22 or 24 speed early in the game has constantly 31 or 32 movement. With all soldiers.

-Problem 2.: weapons can't be activated and read their info in the equip screen, if there is not ammo for that weapon in storage.

-Problem 1.: civilians should give way to soldiers in stairs

-Problem 0.5.: pathfinding should reach across the map, not just the available TUs

-Wish 2.: movement should happen with a double click - one click shows the pathway and shift gives more waypoints

-Wish 1. : grenades should damage walls, metal staircases and other surfaces should pass bullets and be destroyed realistically

I will write more ideas to the top as I find them. Please comment, but you should know that I stopped arguing on web bulletins years ago.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 03:29:37 pm by Teemu Milto (Turku) »

Offline bayo

• Professional loser
  • Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Teemu's suggestions for UFO:AI
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 07:27:45 pm »
-ctrl + tab blocks the cursor to upper left corner on the desktop
Is it a fact? Else I dont see the point.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Teemu's suggestions for UFO:AI
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 06:33:15 pm »
-Problem 6.: saving broke after four saves and wouldn't react to the "save" button any more. It worked after relaunch and starting a new game

Please tell me more about this one. Did you save on the same slot or different ones? Is it reproducible in a new campaign, just saving and saving and saving (with a little time forward)? Which Operating System you're on?

-Problem 5.: Losing 2 soldiers in a terror mission, switching to another terror mission in mid-flight results in that the two soldiers show active buttons but there is nothing in them

Known one, it is fixed since that IIRC.

-Problem 2.: weapons can't be activated and read their info in the equip screen, if there is not ammo for that weapon in storage.

I think they are. Not sure, maybe if you don't have a weapon it's not click-able, but if you have the weapon but not the ammo, it shouldn't matter.

-Problem 1.: civilians should give way to soldiers in stairs

Hmm, not an easy one but true. Please post* a Feature Request on the Tracker so it doesn't get forgotten.

-Problem 0.5.: pathfinding should reach across the map, not just the available TUs

It was limited to speed up the pathfinding. I hope we can extend it again somewhen. You could add* another feature request about this one.

-Wish 2.: movement should happen with a double click - one click shows the pathway and shift gives more waypoints

Movement happens with 2 clicks if you enable 'Confirm Actions' option. One click shows the pathway, another executes it.
Waypoints is a good idea, you could add* a feature request to the tracker, again. ;)

-Wish 1. : grenades should damage walls, metal staircases and other surfaces should pass bullets and be destroyed realistically

Our engine doesn't support destructible terrain and it won't change anytime soon.

Thanks for the feedback!

* Check if it is suggesteb before on the tracker.

-geever