project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Well, hello everyone  (Read 2359 times)

Offline Sepherose

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Well, hello everyone
« on: April 09, 2012, 10:28:17 pm »
Hello! I know, this is my first post and all, and I'm already trying to show something in the hopes of it being liked..
>.>
<.<
Anyway, I cobbled together a new opening loading screen today, and I thought it looked pretty decent considering I don't have much experience with making 2d images, although I have some experience making textures for Fallout 3/New Vegas, Oblivion, and a little with Skyrim.

It's attached to this post, just wanted to get opinions, and also, hello :)

Also, I used the Ortnok concept art and altered it a bit for the image.. I thought that would be alright, hopefully I didn't step on any toes >.<

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Well, hello everyone
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 09:50:49 am »
Looks cool! No toes stepped on. I don't think we'll use it but if you want to have the game load it on your system, save it in /base/pics/loading.png.

If you want to distribute it as a mod on our forum, you just need to include accurate licensing information for the image and any source material you used.

If you're inspired to do some more 2d art, you might look at which research techs don't have preview images/models in the campaign. I believe there are still a few that lack images.

Thanks for playing!

Offline Sepherose

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 11:37:44 am »
Thanks for the response. I had actually been planning on looking into working on the needed research images, this was kind of an experiment to see if I could  do decently at it. I was thinking of trying to do something for the alien body armor research images, and considering those are a lot simpler in terms of how much is in the image I think I may be able to do that.

Anyway, again, thanks for the input! :)

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 12:25:59 pm »
If you make something for alien armour, please utilize the existing images in /base/pics/armour/taman_light.png and /base/pics/armour/taman_medium.png so that they match the in-game representations.