Archive > Bugs prior to release 2.3

SVN issue

(1/3) > >>

rynait:
Hello,

I was using 2.3 build (not trunk) to update version 2.3.  Noticed that th2000 added 200 files to 2.3 build. I compared the differences between 2.3 build and the trunk. 

I found that majority of 200 is un-necessary and is probably 'for' 2.4 development version.

This eventually resulted in wasted space and time on downloading 200 files.

Will someone please tell th2000 not to combine 200 files.  Just add bug fixed file to the 2.3 build, the same way it was done with 2.2.1 build.

Concerned R

geever:

--- Quote from: rynait on August 02, 2010, 08:40:21 pm ---I was using 2.3 build (not trunk) to update version 2.3.  Noticed that th2000 added 200 files to 2.3 build. I compared the differences between 2.3 build and the trunk. 

Will someone please tell th2000 not to combine 200 files.  Just add bug fixed file to the 2.3 build, the same way it was done with 2.2.1 build.

--- End quote ---

What are you speaking about? Which revision?

Do you know (SVN) version management?
SVN merge sets svn:mergeinfo property for every other file too when you merge into a branch. It shows 200+ updated files but they will not be downloaded if only their property changed.

-geever

ps. Sorry, but I can't resist: Who the hell are you? What makes you think you can tell us how to manage our sourcecode?

rynait:
Hello Geever.

Insults ('who hell are you') to me = gets no replies from me. I am not posting anything that can start flamewar.

SVN did download 200 files into my working 2.3 copy. What I did, reverted 2.3 working copy then compared the trunks. 

I wonder why can't you be polite, rather than insulting. (otherwise I repeat same thing I done in past,  promptly delete the entire post.)

Concerned R

Thrashard96:
For me everything is ok, but ufo2map takes too much time to unpack maps (480+ and i will need to restart the process on my 6 year old pc with 1 cpu thread)... It takes too long to do it... I will have to wait about a week to unpack, so maybe if i would post the files i need for you, could you post the finished installer to me?

geever:
Sorry, I know, I could handle this better. Beg your pardon.
But to be honest I've found your post bit insulting.

Other people would be happy "the project is rolling on, new things come every day", not complaining about some kilobytes they download (which is not compulsory anyway). From your comment I think you haven't checked what kind of modifications were and judge if it was neccessary or not (and even if it wasn't let it be our decision.)

Wasn't me who committed that horribly much 200 files, but still let it be our decision what to commit and what not, please.

And finally once more I apologize for my bad temper.

R
-geever

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version