project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: New civilian (child) model  (Read 22794 times)

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
Re: New civilian (child) model
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2010, 04:00:44 pm »
Just the pants so far... any critiques are welcome. Though I probably won't spend much time on this skin, it will help for the future.

Not bad - I can certainly imagine a teenager wearing something like that.  It also looks like a different material from the original, which is good because it adds variety.

I'd be interested to see what you could come up with if you did the whole thing.

What program are you using - the one Kildor mentioned?

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2010, 04:14:54 pm »
I'd be interested to see what you could come up with if you did the whole thing.

If I finished the skin, would you be able to make a copy of the head with adjusted hair? I'm thinking the hair style is very distinctive, so it would be good if we have a second skin to use a different hairstyle. You don't need to make an entirely different head because I can make the face very distinctive with the texture. Just the hair, something short and simple, whatever's easiest really.

What program are you using - the one Kildor mentioned?

No, I'm just painting over the PNG file in Photoshop. Nothing fancy that couldn't be done just as easily in Gimp I'm sure.

Offline Destructavator

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2010, 06:34:16 pm »
If I finished the skin, would you be able to make a copy of the head with adjusted hair? I'm thinking the hair style is very distinctive, so it would be good if we have a second skin to use a different hairstyle. You don't need to make an entirely different head because I can make the face very distinctive with the texture. Just the hair, something short and simple, whatever's easiest really.

Yeah, sure, I was actually planning on having an alternate head/hair anyways.  I'll be rather busy with other stuff outside of UFO:AI today, but I'll get around to it sometime soon.

I'll try to keep the same texture map with a new head, and just have some verts where the hair is in different places.

I'm curious to see what you'll have in mind.

Offline Kildor

• Project Artist
  • Captain
  • Project mapper and some other stuff`er
    • View Profile
    • http://ufoai.nx0.ru
« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2010, 05:57:11 am »
the programm I've show you was Blender. but this feature is not released yet.

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2010, 04:11:45 pm »
Some more work done... Not entirely satisfied with the shirt wrinkles and the arm hair, but best I can do for now.

Offline Destructavator

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2010, 06:31:03 pm »
Some more work done... Not entirely satisfied with the shirt wrinkles and the arm hair, but best I can do for now.

Looks pretty good to me, actually.  We can certainly use different variants for different ethnic/racial backgrounds.  I haven't had time to make an alternate head model yet, but as I said when I get around to it I will probably use the same texture map coordinates, just the verts for the hair will be in different places.

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2010, 02:13:13 pm »
Body completed. I couldn't find where this boy is in the data_source. Have you uploaded it yet? I'll throw my file into the source for now until the head is worked out. But for future consideration, what should the skin file be named, boy02 or boy01b?

Offline Destructavator

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2010, 04:20:35 pm »
Body completed. I couldn't find where this boy is in the data_source. Have you uploaded it yet? I'll throw my file into the source for now until the head is worked out. But for future consideration, what should the skin file be named, boy02 or boy01b?

Looks good.  I actually forgot to upload the updated source file, I'll try to find time to do that soon.

As for the naming system, I'm not sure about that one - I'd check with Mattn or BTAxis (or one of the others who has been here longer).