project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: My SWAT's body model, other uniforms and skins v2.4 and v2.5  (Read 33763 times)

Offline Sandro

• Squad Leader
  • Maintenance guy for UFO:AI 3D engine
    • View Profile
Re: My SWAT's body model, other uniforms and skins v2.4 and v2.5
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2014, 04:18:16 pm »
The only "little problem" I have is that the shadows of the original clothes disappear when I change skins attire, but it isn't very disturbing (sorry, I don't know how to solve this).

What graphics editor you are using? If it supports layers, just put camo pattern in the separate layer and set it to "modulate" or "screen" mode, whichever works better for you. Or even "colorize"/"color replace" if it exisits.
Paint.net, for example, is free and supports all needed modes.

Offline Sersanara

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2014, 08:51:22 pm »
I got it!!!

Thank you very much for your help, Sandro!

I use Photoshop and I did it by changing normal to overlay layer ("superponer" in spanish). I'm spanish hehe.

Now is much better, I can see shadows, pockets.

Offline Sersanara

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2014, 05:31:53 pm »
Hi, I've finished new camo uniforms.

There are two problems:

1.- I can't change heads. Only original heads appears in game, although I have even changed the .md2 files with strawberryperl. There are no problems with all armours except power armour because is the only that has camo in its heads.

2.- I don't know why, but in skirmish game when you change skin of a soldier and change to another one, when you back to previous soldier this appear with the default one. So in game all of them appears with default skin.

I'll upload the mod soon...
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 05:34:08 pm by Sersanara »

Offline Sandro

• Squad Leader
  • Maintenance guy for UFO:AI 3D engine
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2014, 11:11:34 pm »
Heads are separate models with their separately assigned skins -- maybe that is the root of the problem. Maybe we need some change in the code to have camouflaged heads.

Offline Sersanara

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2014, 06:23:35 pm »
This is a skins' mod for Phalanx soldiers of UFO AI.

For 2.5 version:
Link in the first post.

The pack includes 31 new camouflage skins. These are:

Jungle (x3)
Desert (x5)
Arctic (x3)
Forest (x7)
Mount  (x7)
Urban  (x5+1)

There are variations for female/male, femalelight/malelight, femalemedium/malemedium  and femalepower/malepower armour types.

The skinbox in the equipment menu has changed its position (see "SkinBox Change" pic) to see all skins available.

INSTALLATION
Only copy "base" folder in the main game directory and enjoy. Backup your files first if you have any other modifications.

Made by Sersanara.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 07:36:49 am by Sersanara »

Offline Sersanara

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2014, 06:25:10 pm »
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 07:09:57 pm by Sersanara »

Offline Jollyswagman

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2015, 07:08:59 am »
Necro'ing just to say thanks for this rather handy mod! Helps a ton when organizing troops.

Offline Soandso

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2015, 06:06:04 pm »
Does this work with 2.6?

Offline Rodmar

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2016, 08:52:12 pm »
Hello, I'd like to know if everyone fares well with Sersanara's v2.5 mods.

The "9" mod works fine on my install, but I can't get any of the "28" and "31" mods working and I don't see why.
They look the same in structure and I use same way to install them (always after having emptied ./base/models/ and ./base/ufos/), but I get somehow a texture corruption or something get wrong, as any soldier not in default camo is displayed in reddish-blackish "see-through" texture, although the armor model remains identifiable.

Any hint?

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2016, 07:43:24 pm »
I never tried any of the larger ones, I know there where some changes to the way the game loads models skins (because head models with multiple skins were broken) that might have broken the mod, but I'm not sure if those made it into the final 2.5 release.

Offline Rodmar

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2016, 08:30:04 pm »
Thank you for answering.

Here are screenshots to illustrate the "corruption".
  • #1 and #2 are from the "9Skins" mod; it works fine, except that there are no cammos for power armor (as told in the readme and as we can see on the .png files).
  • The others are from the "28Skins" mod; no cammo works, only the default "Urban" (a name which is translated in the .po file btw). The corruption seems to be texture-related as we can still see the different armor classes. Note that the corruption is ported to the Battlescape, but otherwise, the game keeps working fine.

Now, if we look at the mods' file trees:

• "9Skins" mod adds two subdirectories in the /base/ directory: /base/models/ and /base/ufos/
    /models/ further goes down to /models/soldiers/[female, femalelight,femalemedium, femalepower,male, malelight, malemedium, malepower], and each one of these subdirectories contains .png files and one body.md2 file.
    /ufos/ contains only one file: skins.ufo, which looks like some kind of declaration (one such field per cammo type : actorskin default {name "_Jungle" singleplayer true multiplayer true})
  • "28Skins" mod adds the very same file tree, except that a new subdirectory is added:
    /base/ufos/ui/, which hosts two new, analog files, namely equipment.ufos and team.ufos. Those files seem to be there only to move the "Skinbox" upward, in the base equip and multiplayer equip screens, respectively (because the number of cammos is so large). I deleted the whole /ui/ subdirectory, just to see, and this resulted in  reseting the original Skinbox's position, and keeping the corruption. So, I don't think there's a problem here.
    /ufos/skins.ufo looks very similar to the "9Skins" version, except that the cammos' names are changed.
    All the .png files look "as intended".

Perhaps someone could open the .md2 files in a design tool and see if the viewer displays the same corruption as the game?

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2016, 12:05:17 am »
Seems like the game cannot load the textures, is any error printed to ufoconsole.log?

EDIT:
I just wen't and had a look at some of the model files in both the 9 and 31 skin mods and... this might sound silly but does it work if you change the file names for the skins to all lowercase? (For example body_Arctic1.png ==> body_arctic1.png and so and so on)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 01:15:21 am by DarkRain »

Offline Sersanara

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2016, 03:10:35 pm »
Hi, Rodmar.

I've been taking a look at the game after a long time without playing it and it works for me. Have you tried reinstalling a clean copy of the game? Some file may be corrupt. It's strange.

I remember that those red and black textures came to me because the .md2 file was not well configured. But, as I say, it works for me.

Offline Rodmar

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2016, 12:08:21 pm »
Hi Sersanara and DarkRain,

Thank you very much, Darkrain, good insight!
Sersanara, are you playing on Windows?

Here are screenshots to show how I could have the 28 Skins mod working on my system.
I haven't touched the 31 Skins mod because, despite what I wrote above, there are several more files (starting with all the heads). 28 Skins mod is closest to 9 Skins mod.
After renaming all the basic /female/ .png files and seeing that the game didn't crash, I renamed only the 'arctic' .png files in /femalepower/ and that works! (I'm writing all of this in case it might help someone else in the same case)

« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 12:10:25 pm by Rodmar »

Offline Sersanara

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2016, 05:40:29 pm »
Yes, windows7 64bit.
Although the 31 skins has more files, the operation is the same. So if it works for you with 28 skins is likely to work for 31 skins too.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 05:46:05 pm by Sersanara »