project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Game lag - engine or windows 7?  (Read 3328 times)

Offline Snaphaan

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Game lag - engine or windows 7?
« on: July 13, 2010, 02:04:21 pm »
Hi

I posted this yesterday, moved it and somehow it got lost. Anyway, my problem in a nutshell:

The game lags terribly on my system. I get about 5 fps on the city maps and when I zoom in I get about 20fps. Most maps between 10-25fps.

I have a...

Pentium Core Duo 2.9
2Gb RAM
HD4890 Sapphire
Windows 7
latest drivers reinstalled after a total drive cleanup

Could it be windows 7, directx10? Or something else. Is it a bug?  ???

Also, when I enable multisample buffering the game crashes when I enter the tactical screen (it seems this is already covered in the bug tracking section, but just wondering).

Thanks!

And by the way, as I mentioned yesterday. TERRIFIC WORK!!! You people don't seem to have a life.  ;D I've been tracking the game's progress since last year and EVERY month had a mass of changes and enhancements.

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
Re: Game lag - engine or windows 7?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 04:34:10 pm »
I am currently Not around, so i can Not Be much of à help for you. Please make eure to add this to the bugtracker (2 Bugs, Slow and Crash with multisampling)otherwise it Might get Lost

Offline Kobold

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 05:57:05 pm »
Hi

I posted this yesterday, moved it and somehow it got lost. Anyway, my problem in a nutshell:

The game lags terribly on my system. I get about 5 fps on the city maps and when I zoom in I get about 20fps. Most maps between 10-25fps.

I have a...

Pentium Core Duo 2.9
2Gb RAM
HD4890 Sapphire
Windows 7
latest drivers reinstalled after a total drive cleanup

Could it be windows 7, directx10? Or something else. Is it a bug?  ???

Also, when I enable multisample buffering the game crashes when I enter the tactical screen (it seems this is already covered in the bug tracking section, but just wondering).

Thanks!

And by the way, as I mentioned yesterday. TERRIFIC WORK!!! You people don't seem to have a life.  ;D I've been tracking the game's progress since last year and EVERY month had a mass of changes and enhancements.

Mr Life should disable GLSL shader for smother gameplay xD
it looks like your graphics card dont like opengl 3.0 and btw this game dont  support directx.

But watch out if you disable GLSL shaders you dont got no longer light reflections.

Offline Snaphaan

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 01:59:46 pm »
*sigh*

I just googled a bit about opengl and my HD4890...

I'm never buying a Radeon card again in my life.  >:( I've had so much hassle with the Catalyst and now it seems ATI has HORRIBLE support for opengl. There has been a number of complaints from 2007 up untill now and so-far nothing. It's like they don't care.

Anyway. Mr Life appreciates your help!