project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: New feature ideas  (Read 4458 times)

Offline Thrashard96

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
New feature ideas
« on: July 09, 2010, 11:37:54 am »
First - hello. This is my first post in this forum.

A first new idea is the cloaking tech, which would be invented in landed alien aircraft. Then the PHALANX would do the research (i know they like to, BTW) to invent the modded laser - aa51 (including anti-cloak) turrets. After that, they would make aircraft themselves, also, with the same cloak (invisibility to others, if anyone didn't know). It wouldn't be in tactical mode, but it is only for the geoscape battles, so that you would have any pros or cons versus alien aircraft.

The second idea is what some people want - implementing cheats, because they can't stand losing... But i know that it is a bad idea, because you want to make a cheatless game, so then i want to REPORT a cheating gap - using other software (but i won't write what, because some players might cheat, of course, except developers and the Mattn, i will write you) get credits in the game...

And the last thing is to update the tutorials, because they're out of date.

Developers write pm, who aren't - i won't write back! (I will ask Mattn who is and who isn't.)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 11:47:41 am by PAUL1UZ5 »

Offline Thrashard96

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: New feature ideas
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 01:50:49 pm »
One more thing: lift a bit the rules for recruiting, because otherwise i mostly run out of recruits... especially soldiers, workers and the big-brain ( ;D ) scientists... But everyone knows, that anyone can play any game, and i prefer this one... So be cool with that.

Offline Thrashard96

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 09:54:35 pm »
And if the creator lets me, i would love to join the dev team as a debugger.

Offline Borsti67

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 12:41:30 pm »
you don't need to be in the team (formally) to debug... ;-)

Offline Thrashard96

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 03:29:10 pm »
tx that at least you wrote back :) now i have checked the status of my topic and it has 100 (!) readers... wow.......... i never had that much before...

Offline Thrashard96

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: New feature (weapon) ideas
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 04:48:49 pm »
More ideas i came up today: super charged plasma weapons called Meson Cannon and BBG (ballistic barrage gun) from the game Area 51. If we would merge these weapons to this game, then it would be really awesome. BBG has a 3-round burst everytime, but it would have the 5-shot burst, full-auto (25 TUs and 25 shots) and mega charge (28 TUs, fires 50 shots and completely drains the weapon for 5 turns) capabilities and its ammo bounces off 3 times (unless it hits anyone) and the Meson Cannon is alien tech bazooka with originally 1 shot (i'd like it to have more than only one shot in this game, maybe it would be enough with 10 shots in one magazine) which should have the following firing modes: aimed (14 TUs), snap (8 TUs), 3-shot, 5-shot, mega charge (25 TUs, 8 shots, shoots out one big ball, unlimited range except walls, 30 squares get destroyed) and "bomb" (the soldier plants or throws the whole magazine to a wall or ground, 10 TUs, big electric bang, let's say, about 10 squares). See youtube for details and getting images.

-----

From a51 wiki:

The BBG (Ballistic Barrage Gun) or Meson Autorifle is a weapons used by Black Ops. It shoots three-round burts of unstable meson particles and can eliminate most threats with a single burst, although in easy, the enemies version only shoots one ball. It is highly accurate and the meson impulses have such cohesion that they ricochet off inorganic materials in a regular fashion (which allows the user to kill enemies behind cover. It feature a LIDAR laser beam which changes frequency from green to red when pointed at an organic target, and also ricochets to help with aiming around corners.

It has infinite ammo, but needs time to recharge and has a maximum capacity of 50 impulses. The Laser feature also drains energy when used.                   //Laser is not needed.
Its power source is the element 311 (a meta-stable superelement used by the EBEs).

The BBG fires short bursts of plasma, if used with a scope, it will be slowly drained. The BBG scope has a targeting laser which changes from green to red when a enemy has been targeted.
                                                                                                                                  //Doesn't matter about the scope

About meson cannon: big, grey, and packing heat, this bad boy clears an entire room. The shot is a ball of meson particles, shooting out lightning. The lightning then grabs multiple foes and suck them into the ball.

Wiki about the meson particle: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meson

Research of meson ammo will be from the wiki, while the weapons will be taken from this post and youtube.

Please reply when available.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 05:01:52 pm by PAUL1UZ5 »

Offline DiDiT

• Squad Leader
  • Your local Flame-thrower wielding Furry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 07:38:04 pm »
one: we cant use ideas from other games, so, sorry, I cant see that being included.
two: BBG? that sounds like a poor rip-off version of the BFG from doom. ;3

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2010, 10:31:30 am »
Hi Paul, welcome to the forums. You may be interested in this post about making suggestions.

Offline Thrashard96

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2010, 02:26:14 pm »
Thank you, i have read the thread you mentioned. Also, the game Area 51 belongs to Midway which is under bankruptcy since 2009... The license of this game is free, but since 2009... it went unknown.