project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: how to edit new .savx file?  (Read 6903 times)

Offline barbatrukko

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
how to edit new .savx file?
« on: June 26, 2010, 03:48:55 pm »
Hi,
I used a very old version of UFO:AI.
Now just installed the last 2.3
I not want recovery old savegame.
I just want know IF and HOW is possible to modify new savegame format.

Best regards

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: how to edit new .savx file?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 09:48:01 pm »
I used a very old version of UFO:AI.
Now just installed the last 2.3
I not want recovery old savegame.
I just want know IF and HOW is possible to modify new savegame format.

Why? :P

Of course you can modify it, no format has been developed yet that was unbreakable (even encryptions can be broken). It's not that hard in case of UFO:AI but I don't wanna encourage anybody cheating...

-geever

Offline ManicMiner

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 09:38:49 pm »
Fair point I suppose but I have a savx which loads OK on 2.3 but when I load it on 2.4 I lose all my personnel, items and the clock doesn't work. There's a base marked as under attack and I guess that's why on the last Muton 2.3 release it copes with everything except the locked base.

I'd be happy if I could just kill that base or mark it as not under attack, so I can try loading it back up in 2.4.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 10:58:43 pm »
Fair point I suppose but I have a savx which loads OK on 2.3 but when I load it on 2.4 I lose all my personnel, items and the clock doesn't work.

maybe your save is from before 2.3? The only change in savesystem was the teamdefidx ~> teamdefid. with 2.3 you can load the old and save the new format of it.

There's a base marked as under attack and I guess that's why on the last Muton 2.3 release it copes with everything except the locked base.

I plan to set up a service that fixes corrupted saves like that. Just didn't have time to write the script yet.

-geever

Offline ManicMiner

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 12:23:13 am »
Hi,

No, it's a fresh save from ufoai-2.3-dev-30745 (the latest Muton update) copied into the saves folder for a fresh build of 2.4-dev which I compiled today. It's taken me the better part of four days to get 2.4 to compile and run properly but I'm doing it again.

I'm compiling with SSE4.1, rebuilding the maps, and have the caches configured to support a dual core. Not that this should have any bearing on it...

If I start a new campaign on 2.4-dev everything seems to be OK but if I load the SAVX file from 2.3 into 2.4 I get the bases and nothing else. If you have both versions of UFO:AI on your machine, the save is attached here and you're welcome to compare the two.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2010, 12:57:36 am »
No, it's a fresh save from ufoai-2.3-dev-30745 (the latest Muton update) copied into the saves folder for a fresh build of 2.4-dev which I compiled today. It's taken me the better part of four days to get 2.4 to compile and run properly but I'm doing it again.

I'm compiling with SSE4.1, rebuilding the maps, and have the caches configured to support a dual core. Not that this should have any bearing on it...

If I start a new campaign on 2.4-dev everything seems to be OK but if I load the SAVX file from 2.3 into 2.4 I get the bases and nothing else. If you have both versions of UFO:AI on your machine, the save is attached here and you're welcome to compare the two.

It was not a bug in the savegame but in market init. I don't know how it could work in a new campaign. I've fixed the issue in r30983.

-geever

Offline eehrenh

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 01:26:43 am »
geever,

Please fix that up soon. I have a base which can't do anything because it is "under attack". I am out of bases and hurting  :)

Thanks for a really cool game,

Evan

maybe your save is from before 2.3? The only change in savesystem was the teamdefidx ~> teamdefid. with 2.3 you can load the old and save the new format of it.

I plan to set up a service that fixes corrupted saves like that. Just didn't have time to write the script yet.

-geever

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2010, 03:39:32 pm »
Please fix that up soon. I have a base which can't do anything because it is "under attack". I am out of bases and hurting  :)

Pardon? 2.3.1 can fix saves with "base under attack" bug.

-geever