project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: nice try  (Read 3427 times)

Offline ajoin

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
nice try
« on: June 26, 2010, 10:36:00 am »
really devs, u did a hell of a job by creating this game and giving it away for free but its really bugged and unplayable. The reaction fire is screwed, u sometimes get kicked out of a mission back to the geoscreen and you have to redo your mission, no autosave and i sometimes get kicked out back to windows loosing my whole game till last save.

not worth playing.

Offline bayo

• Professional loser
  • Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: nice try
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 02:51:02 pm »
Without log file, or log console it is hard to help u.

Offline DiDiT

• Squad Leader
  • Your local Flame-thrower wielding Furry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 06:52:13 pm »
Let me handle this...

First off, The reaction fire is fine but If you don't like it, try looking around the forum. I remember that somewhere there's a way to revert it to the older system. that is, if your too thick to use the current system.

Also, no auto-save's, huh? Well, how about... maybe... you try saving the game yourself more often? dumb-ass.

Finally, The game isn't done yet. Its FAR from done and still has a lot of bugs. So instead of just bitching and claiming the game is 'not worth playing', why don't you do something helpful like report the bugs.

Offline DreamWorker

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2010, 11:09:57 pm »
Let me handle this...
First off, The reaction fire is fine but If you don't like it, try looking around the forum. I remember that somewhere there's a way to revert it to the older system. that is, if your too thick to use the current system.
Contribute
http://ufoai.ninex.info/wiki/index.php/Reaction_fire
Who will fire first, the active actor or one making reaction fire, depends on speed skill of each actor and TU needed to make a shot from primary weapon of each actor.
//------------------------------------------------------------

We know that some weapons do not have really RF (sniper rifles, machine gun, particle rifle and so on)
Or probability of RF using this weapons sufficient small so turn RF on with this weapons is useless.
So this article is incorrect or

1. Actor have too low speed skill to use RF.
2. Actor use inappropriate weapon to RF.
- We need to produce weapons test and create table of weapons suitable for RF?

Many of weapons have RF in GUI but not all of them really have RF. It is discourage.
I don't have assurance that my solder in RF fire at least one shot on appeared enemy.
It looks like that solder do not fire on my turn when I command him.

Where is specification to understand howto correctly use RF?
Help me please.

ChemBro

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 11:36:30 am »
I don't get this "reaction fire doesn't work". It works for me. And as far as I can tell: It works good.

Offline dfscott

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 04:28:53 pm »
I don't get this "reaction fire doesn't work". It works for me. And as far as I can tell: It works good.

Same for me.  My snipers get almost as many kills from reaction fire as they do from normal turn fire.

Offline DiDiT

• Squad Leader
  • Your local Flame-thrower wielding Furry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 06:53:48 pm »
yeah, reaction fire seems to work so long as your troops done have shit stats. or something. *shrugs*

Offline Sarin

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 06:59:34 pm »
...or you don't try to use some TU-heavy firemode for RF.