project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: wrong TU visual in HUD  (Read 4364 times)

Offline Kobold

• Rookie
    • View Profile
wrong TU visual in HUD
« on: June 24, 2010, 08:27:28 pm »
i found out that my soldiers if they are crouch modus and i try to use all my TU's with 1 Turn... i cant use them with one command, i got allways 3TU's left.

To example my soldiers already in the creep-mode and i got 30 TU's to use... i send him to a wall and the HUD show me it would take  30TU's for that action... but its wrong, after he arrived, he crouches and i still got 3 TU's left... this happend in campaign modus.

I use Win32 2.3 official stable release on WinXP.

Offline Jarkill

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: wrong TU visual in HUD
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 09:54:52 am »
Do you have autostand enabled? If so, I think it tries to reserve enough points for you to stand back up or such. Not exactly sure what autostand is supposed to do (make you stand up when you walk to save tu's was my assumption, but I really have no idea).

Try disabling it and tell us what happens.

Offline Kobold

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 07:56:43 pm »
Do you have autostand enabled? If so, I think it tries to reserve enough points for you to stand back up or such. Not exactly sure what autostand is supposed to do (make you stand up when you walk to save tu's was my assumption, but I really have no idea).

Try disabling it and tell us what happens.

hmmm autostand...? i dont know what you talking about, i cant find this options. there are only 2 options: duck and stand up.
how i deactivate this option?

i dont know if my soldiers use this options.. to example: my already ducking soldiers want to move 30TU, he stand up and move to the point, he arrived and he goes down to his knees, but 3 TU left... this all happend automatical.

This is autostand? o.O

Offline Sarin

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2010, 01:04:55 am »
Autostand is feature that, when moving crouched soldier over significant distance, makes him stand up and, when reaching destination, crouch again, thus saving TPs as opposed to moving crouched all the way.

Your problem is probably that a little checkbox near crouch/stand up button is checked, this reserves 3 TPs for crouch/stand up.

Offline shaunc311

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2010, 01:48:06 am »
I just noticed this myself.  Downloaded the windows release version a few days ago.  If my soldier is crouching at the beginning of the turn and I find a square to move him to that uses all of his TUs(31), he uncrouches, walks over, crouches and still has 3 TUs left.  The next turn, as an experiment, I uncrouched him manually, walked to the original spot and crouched.  Again I had 3 TUs left.  When I uncrouched my soldier, it said it would be 22 TUs to walk to the square.  3 + 22 + 3 = 28.  So I think the algorithm to determine the TUs used to move while crouched is adding in an extra crouch.    The algorithm when he isn't crouched is correct (as far as I could tell). 

Autostand/Autocrouch was not on.

Beautiful game, BTW. A thousand times, thank you all.

Offline dodon

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2010, 02:26:43 am »
Autostand/Autocrouch was not on.
I doubt that.
The autostand feature is by dafault on (you can change it under options, gameplay) and the movement you describe here is exactly what autostand does.
... he uncrouches, walks over, crouches and still has 3 TUs left. ...

The problem with the displayed TUs is, that it ignores the autostand option and calculates the TUs always as crouched movement.

Example for the movement (all soldiers started with 30 TU, crouched at the border of the map and move in a straight line):

1. top soldier:
  • manualy uncrouch 3 TU
  • walk 12 squares 24 TU
  • manualy crouch 3 TU
2. soldier in the middle(autostand: no)
  • 10 squares crouched movement TU 30
3. bottom soldier(autostand: yes)
max movement for 30 TU: :
  • auto uncrouche 3 TU
  • walk 10 sqares 20 TU
  • auto crouche 3 TU
manualy spend the remaining 4 TU for an other square crouched movement (and still 1 TU left)

Offline Kobold

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2010, 04:06:27 am »
I doubt that.
The autostand feature is by dafault on (you can change it under options, gameplay) and the movement you describe here is exactly what autostand does.
The problem with the displayed TUs is, that it ignores the autostand option and calculates the TUs always as crouched movement.
ok the autostand TU visual is bugged... thats for sure, it sucks a little bid but it isnt a big deal to handle it ingame.

I have found another bug thats messed really up in some situations...
i dont know how to explain that cause it is a rare bug, i just saw it a few times:

I give my order to a soldier with 30TU (sniper) in walking mode,i just checked it would take 12TU for this turn... so i would have 18TU left for a precision shoot, but after he arrived he just got only 16TU left.... WTF WTF WTF where are my 2TU... i only can remember that he spotted a civilian in that turn. but there is no way to handle this really... after he spotted civilian he just get his action done, anyways if he spotted a fuck it wouldnt take any TU normally or im wrong? that is a instant death for some situations ingame.

if anyone could help me to fix that problem would be nice.

Offline shaunc311

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2010, 03:11:00 pm »
Yes, sorry, autostand was on.  I thought it was something in the HUD I could set.  I ended up turning it off because staying crouched is safer and I only lose a tile or two of movement.  Seems like it should be more TUs, but the aliens are still causing me losses so hopefully this will help me.

I also noticed that spotting things takes TUs.  Figured that was more realistic.  I assume the time is spent judging if it's a civilian or an alien.  I haven't had anyone die because of it so maybe that's why I'm impartial.

Offline Kobold

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2010, 12:32:12 pm »
I also noticed that spotting things takes TUs.  Figured that was more realistic.  I assume the time is spent judging if it's a civilian or an alien.  I haven't had anyone die because of it so maybe that's why I'm impartial.
if you spotted a alien and it would took TUs for that, i got no problem with that. cause the command is hold on after you spotted a enemy and im not sure about that this would really take TUs for that. i only saw the problem with civilian people yet.

if you want to go to a enemy close as possible to get the highest percentage to hit the shot, if you spotted a civilian by walking to him and you cannot shot cause you lost TUs for that crap cause you cannot break the command. you think this is impartial?