project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: SDL_image.h  (Read 6925 times)

Offline criusmac

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
SDL_image.h
« on: June 24, 2010, 02:58:23 am »
UFOAI-2.3-dev-anim\src\shared\images.h|33|error: SDL_image.h: No such file or directory

I have been trying to compile the newest version of UFO: AI, and I get this error.
So, I went and downloaded 1,352,778 SDL_image-1.2.10.zip, and this made no difference.
I then used the CodeBlocks Plugin DevPaks updater/installer and used it to download the latest SDL (since sdllib couldn't be found).
This made no difference.
I tried to add the directory containing SDL_image.h to the project -> build options -> search directories -> Compiler -> Add, but this didn't work either.

So, basically, how do I tell CodeBlocks where to find include files?

I am using CodeBlocks svn build rev 5731 (2009-08-15 03:48:58) gcc 4.2.1 Windows/unicode
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 03:02:48 am by criusmac »

Offline Muton

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: SDL_image.h
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 07:49:00 am »

Offline criusmac

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 07:14:11 pm »
Oh wow, how can it be 1.1 gigs for the build environment? I guess it's a lot more than just source. I've already used up 1.5-2 gigs downloading UFO:AI and using updating all the source code. @.@ My bad, guess I shouldn't do such things.

Ah well, that's the price for convenience I guess.

Thanks! I'll have to wait a while before I can test it out - I still have bandwidth limits.

Offline criusmac

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 03:10:02 pm »
I decided to download the whole thing anyways, and it doesn't seem to work, but I can't tell why.

It seems to compile fine without the make install option, though it doesn't run due to missing sdl_image.dll. I guess the path is just wrong. I'm sure I can fix the problem by tinkering.

I've noticed this automated install method doesn't create Code Blocks start menu icons. If this is the only package that a person uses, they will probably be lost for a long time trying to figure out how to compile the code themselves with their own changes.

Update:
Obviously this is not meant to be compiled using Code Blocks in the method I'm trying:
"game - windows_debug" uses an invalid compiler. Probably the toolchain path within the compiler options is not setup correctly?! Skipping...
"ufo2map - windows_debug" uses an invalid compiler. Probably the toolchain path within the compiler options is not setup correctly?! Skipping...
"ufo_ded - windows_debug" uses an invalid compiler. Probably the toolchain path within the compiler options is not setup correctly?! Skipping...
"ufo - windows_debug" uses an invalid compiler. Probably the toolchain path within the compiler options is not setup correctly?! Skipping...
Nothing to be done.

So, is this method only supposed to be compiled via the make_UfoAI_win32.exe file included?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 03:18:18 pm by criusmac »

Offline Muton

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 07:37:47 pm »
That was the problem

If you like to do everything on your own look here
you dont need to download anything just follow the steps ....
but this page is outdated ....
No time atm ...

Offline criusmac

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 04:00:11 am »
Great! Thank you. I'll try to run through the make install again since when I copied all the dlls into the ufo.exe directory, when I ran ufo.exe, it just froze using 0% cpu, and never continued. I figure I wasn't supposed to run it that way. XD

Hopefully this'll work much better!

Update:
After building the whole thing and having it install (all defaulted, nothing changed), the game does nothing. It just sits there without the progress bar starting to move. No cpu power is used, and I can't see the ufo console either.

I will never understand why ufoconsole.log is so well hidden. In a hidden secret directory, etc. It really should be stored somewhere easier to find, like maybe the game directory. >.>
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 06:45:09 am by criusmac »