project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: No reaction fire  (Read 2843 times)

Offline vedrit

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
No reaction fire
« on: June 24, 2010, 12:56:25 am »
When the entire alien team gets to expend 90% of their APs, right infront of my soldiers without my troops so much as twitching, theres a problem. Has someone changed the reaction fire code, so that humans dont get to do it? I know reaction fire works for the aliens, but, like I said, 3 of my soldiers, staring right at 4 aliens while THEY shot, didnt pull the trigger. Reaction fire was on, they had the APs, but no shots were taken

Offline criusmac

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: No reaction fire
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 02:48:35 am »
Aye, this has happened to me several times too now in the 2.3 stable version. It's weird, and caused me to start retrying several tactical games.

There was one time I had 1 person watching a door I knew the aliens were going to pour into my base at. I checked and made sure he had a reaction fire mode set (they sometimes don't have any which causes no reaction fire), I had him facing my base entrance way, and had full TU. During the enemy turn, the alien walked through the door, all the way down the ramp, right past my soldier, and started walking into my storage area. Not one shot fired. Lucky, that time, the alien didn't actually kill anyone, so I chased it on my turn and killed it.

It doesn't always happen though. Sometimes I do get a reaction fire. It seems to be about 50% chance.

Offline Edi

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 10:11:08 am »
Reaction fire has problems after it was changed from version 2.2.1. It happens very rarely. The issue is known. You can set it back to the way it was, there are instructions somewhere on the Discussion subforum.

Ildamos

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 11:18:31 am »
Oh man. This is going to be inconvenient.  :-[