project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: [map] Tropical Harvester critical bugs  (Read 5164 times)

Offline Edi

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
[map] Tropical Harvester critical bugs
« on: May 16, 2010, 04:48:20 pm »
For some reason the tropical harvester uses a different model than the other fixed harvesters and this one has a massive number of impassable squares that are passable in a normal harvester. It is impossible to reach the stairway room and the upper level, which means the mission can never be finished.

Tracker item with screenshots

Offline Edi

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: [map] Tropical Harvester critical bugs
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 09:52:37 pm »
The entire tropical ufo map is screwed up seventy-seven ways from Sunday.

In addition to the reported buggy squares in the Harvester model, I've got another really nice one on one of the tropical map features. Since that same item seems to appear on other terrain maps too, just with different textures, it needs checking.

So, the purple line is the map object that gets loaded and the red squares are impassable squares of completely open ground, which make maneuvering around that formation a real pain in the arse.

Loaded components:

Code: [Select]
CM_LoadMap: "-tropic/tr_ +craft_drop_firebird +craft_ufo_harvester +h01 +f06 +f01 +f06 +f06 +f05 +h04 +f01 +h04 +h04 +f07 +f01 +f01 +f01 +f01 +f07 +f02 +f03 +f03 +f02" "-32 0 0 -8 -8 0 -32 16 0 -16 16 0 16 16 0 -32 24 0 -16 24 0 24 8 0 24 0 0 -32 -32 0 -16 -32 0 -8 -32 0 -16 -8 0 -16 -24 0 0 -32 0 16 -32 0 -32 -16 0 0 -16 0 8 -16 0 16 -16 0 24 -16 0 24 -8 0"
Oh yeah, and there was a Firebird issue there as well, but I'll put that in the Firebird thread.

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 07:57:23 am »
there are plants in the editor - found the cause of this - /models/.... is the path - the first / is just wrong

Offline Edi

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 09:14:24 am »
Thanks for looking into this. :)

It may well be that there are more such errors with the extra slashmark around the map. If it was mostly done by one person, a consistent error would be expected.

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 08:31:09 am »
yes, almost all maps with those particular models were affected in the tropic theme - all of them are fixed now. but please make sure to open tickets for the remaining issues

Offline Edi

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 08:59:24 am »
yes, almost all maps with those particular models were affected in the tropic theme - all of them are fixed now. but please make sure to open tickets for the remaining issues
Certainly. These were reported in the ticket I linked from the first post, but I haven't seen others. When I do, rest assured they will appear in the tracker. I've learned to use it quite handily.

Offline Edi

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2010, 04:37:14 pm »
Even though the outside tropical models are okay now, the tropical harvester model is still bugged in six hundred different ways with impassable squares. It looks like there is something other than the stock prefab harvester, because no other harvesters I've seen have had the same problems.

This needs to be fixed before the next stable release.

Offline Flying Steel

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2010, 12:23:15 am »
Even though the outside tropical models are okay now, the tropical harvester model is still bugged in six hundred different ways with impassable squares. It looks like there is something other than the stock prefab harvester, because no other harvesters I've seen have had the same problems.

This needs to be fixed before the next stable release.

. . .but sadly his words went unheard.

In 2.3 stable, this bug makes it impossible to pursue aliens into the second deck of the harvester, making the mission impossible to complete. Definitely something to fix before 2.3.1.

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2010, 12:51:35 am »
Just had a quick look in the editor and it does look like the fix was never merged to 2.3. I thought I did this fix before it was branched, but apparently not, in which case it's my fault I didn't tell someone to merge it to 2.3.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2010, 12:58:35 am »
Just had a quick look in the editor and it does look like the fix was never merged to 2.3. I thought I did this fix before it was branched, but apparently not, in which case it's my fault I didn't tell someone to merge it to 2.3.

Which revision was it?

-geever

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2010, 11:46:39 am »
Looks like mattn merged it this morning.