project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Alien AI  (Read 9720 times)

Offline VoxDissident

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Alien AI
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2010, 01:48:34 pm »
Any ideas how line-of-sight and AI firing worked for the original X:COM / UFO Enemy Unknown? Seems like (the way I remember it) the AI behaved fairly intelligently back then. Then again, the AI could fire through almost any wall and the walls were destructible back then...

Offline sionide

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2010, 12:17:48 am »
Even though the god-sight is the simplest design for A-AI (artificial artificial intelligence), I feel it is making the aliens dumber. Besides the wall shooting, when I approach ships and use my "through the wall glasses" I see them all amass to the side of the ship my soldiers are approaching. Eventually they come out the door when I am all huddled to the ships entrance/exit, but in the mean time they are just pressed against the closest wall of the ship facing me.

Offline TroubleMaker

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2010, 02:00:14 pm »
in the mean time they are just pressed against the closest wall of the ship facing me.
I using this to give my team enough time to take a positions. One fast soldier with infravisor "stuck" aliens inside the ship, while other soldiers taking covers and convenient places. I just love such herding...

Ildamos

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2010, 08:39:17 am »
Line of sight is the only axe I hve to grind against the game. Aside from this UFO: AI can stand toe-to-toe with most of my burgeoning retail games collection. Hope you guys fix it soon.

Keep it up devs!