project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: how do I shoot?  (Read 3313 times)

Offline Hell-Fire

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
how do I shoot?
« on: June 21, 2010, 10:41:49 am »
Hi all,

This may be a stupid question, but how do you shoot?  I played the 2.2.1 version and never had any problems to target a mob and shoot.  I just installed the 2.3 and when I mouse over an alien, even its almost pointblank I can't shoot it.  My guys have the time to shoot, but I can't get the game to shoot them.  Reaction fire works and they shoot if they see it, but I can't manually shoot.  I'm not using a joystick, so everything is either mouse or keyboard controlled.  Thank you.

Offline iamrawr

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Re: how do I shoot?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 12:48:56 pm »
Not sure I understand. Try to move your viewangle with arrows and then you should be able to target the alien.

Offline Sarin

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 12:59:27 pm »
Make sure your guys have ammo to shoot.

Otherwise....I dunno how could it possibly be.

Offline Hell-Fire

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 01:52:47 pm »
My units all have ammo loaded.  When I mouse over the alien, I get a red box over the mob.  I can't do anything else to the alien.  I played the 2.2.1 version and never had any problems.  Just when doing the mission in 2.3, I can't do anything to the target.

I could be right next to the alien, plenty of time units, fully locked and loaded, but I can't shoot the mob.

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 02:18:26 pm »
Try posting a screenshot, seems like a rather odd thing that's probably just due to some misunderstanding.

Offline Falion

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 02:35:27 pm »
This might help, if I understand you correctly that is. If you click on your soldiers buttons ( where you assign stuff such as reaction time shots ), on the far left one, if you click on it the choice of which attack you want to use ( Aimed shot, 5 round-burst, etc ) will become available. Click on which attack you want to use, then try and see if you can target an alien. If your just mousing over the alien before doing this ( red box around it ), you cannot target him. If I've misunderstood your question, I'm sorry, but this is about the only thing I can figure out that is happening with your issue. Maybe one of the Dev's can give you more input if this doesn't help you.