project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: unplayable because of fuel bug  (Read 5438 times)

ChemBro

unplayable because of fuel bug
« on: June 19, 2010, 12:01:09 am »
I wanted to try 2.3 stable, because of the "new tactical mission radar" (which I don't know how to activate), but for that, I need to go to a mission. The problem is: I cannot reach it.

My base is (for example) in France and the mission is in north Germany. I cannot reach it, because halfway between France and Germany, the game says: not enough fuel, back to base. So at this point.... I cannot play the game. :-(

Offline alienfood

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Re: unplayable because of fuel bug
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 12:15:09 pm »
I'm seeing this as well - the interceptor or dropship runs out of fuel the moment it lifts out of the base.

I saw a thread about this in the 2.4-dev bugs forum, so I posted a little more detail there. Presumable once a fix is found it will be backported to 2.3.

Offline Kobold

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 07:01:59 pm »
I wanted to try 2.3 stable, because of the "new tactical mission radar" (which I don't know how to activate), but for that, I need to go to a mission. The problem is: I cannot reach it.

My base is (for example) in France and the mission is in north Germany. I cannot reach it, because halfway between France and Germany, the game says: not enough fuel, back to base. So at this point.... I cannot play the game. :-(

you guys play the version from forum  (Win32 Development Binary Installer Links) or the SVN version or the download from official release (http://sourceforge.net/projects/ufoai/files/UFO_AI%202.x/2.3/ufoai-2.3-win32.exe/download) and you use both the Windows version?

i use the official release from 2.3 (Windows) now and i have to say there is no fuel bug... really i fly above the half planet without no fuel problems.

ChemBro

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 09:42:29 pm »
I'm on Arch Linux here.

Offline alienfood

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 11:05:06 pm »
Arch Linux here as well.

I tried the Win32 version today (on someone else's PC) and it didn't show this bug.

Offline songangel

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2010, 03:17:37 am »
For my fellow linux users, just recompile without the --enable-release flag to configure and it will work.  I am the OP of this same bug still being present in the 2.4 dev version and I never got an answer from anyone so as a workaround you can build the debug version.

I use Arch as well so just download the tarball from the AUR and make the change to the PKGBUILD and it will work as expected.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 03:20:39 am by songangel »

Offline songangel

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2010, 04:35:38 am »
Arch Linux here as well.

I tried the Win32 version today (on someone else's PC) and it didn't show this bug.

The Win32 version is compiled as debug by default I think.  I'm surprised to find a bug this serious in a stable release but at least there's a workaround for now.

Offline alienfood

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2010, 03:47:16 pm »
Tried it on 64-bit Arch Linux today (i.e. built a 64-bit binary), and it works! No fuel bug. I used the --enable-release flag.

Hope this helps find the problem.