project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Possible Errors in RC4  (Read 9824 times)

Offline Bandobras

• Captain
    • View Profile
Possible Errors in RC4
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2006, 07:31:10 pm »
BTW, do you play in latest SVN (branch, preferable, because it's supposed to be stable)? There were major balance tweaks...

dimon37

Possible Errors in RC4
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2006, 10:21:45 pm »
Yes, I play SVN version (last updated last Thursday)

dimon37

Possible Errors in RC4
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2006, 10:23:40 pm »
my main problem is "No free inventory space!" error. I'll see if I can figure out how to fix/circumvent it.

v29a

Possible Errors in RC4
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2006, 11:33:48 pm »
from now on i will provide xdelta patches for win32 again.
seems to me we need more bughunters now ;-)

dimon37

Possible Errors in RC4
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2006, 12:08:21 am »
Question about recompiling the maps. Does the compile.pl script take into account if the map file is newer then the bsp file?

Offline Bandobras

• Captain
    • View Profile
Possible Errors in RC4
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2006, 12:51:15 am »
Quote from: "dimon37"
my main problem is "No free inventory space!" error. I'll see if I can figure out how to fix/circumvent it.

ubequitz is working on it currently, but it's very tricky. You can ask about all this on the IRC and perhaps then fixing will be easier... An easy way of circumventing the bug is changing

Code: [Select]
./game/q_shared.h:#define MAX_INVLIST           1024

to something much larger (there is essentially a leak of the MAX_INVLIST items in the code). I've not tried that, however. I you try, please report how it works...

BTW if we don't manage to fix it for RC5 it might be a very idea to increase this constant, say 100 times...

dimon37

Possible Errors in RC4
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2006, 04:56:18 pm »
New error.
Not sure if it's just the display or more serious problem.
I complete 2 missions. both won. However on the statistics screen it show that I won 2, lost 1 and built 3 bases ( i built just a single one)

dimon37

Possible Errors in RC4
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2006, 08:43:15 pm »
yet another problem - SZ_GetSpace: overflow

Offline Bandobras

• Captain
    • View Profile
Possible Errors in RC4
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2006, 12:36:56 am »
Quote from: "dimon37"
New error.
Not sure if it's just the display or more serious problem.
I complete 2 missions. both won. However on the statistics screen it show that I won 2, lost 1 and built 3 bases ( i built just a single one)

SVN trunk? Which version? Is reproducible with "killteam 7" on the console, instead of killing all the aliens?

dimon37

Possible Errors in RC4
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2006, 02:10:36 am »
SVN trunk, i think. last updated on Monday.
what is killteam 7? it's the command that I can give to artificialy win a scenario?
I'll start a new game to test this.

dimon37

Possible Errors in RC4
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2006, 09:37:01 pm »
About the number of lost mission san sbuilt bases.
It looks like it's not afecting the gameplay. I haven't tested with a new game yet, but so far i have almost all countries Pleased with me, 2 are Happy and Oceania is the only one Cpntent.

ubequitz

Possible Errors in RC4
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2006, 08:25:13 am »
I have seen the number of bases > 1 issue before, but I have no idea how to reliably reproduce it (although I haven't tried all that hard).

The SZ_GetSpace: overflow bug sounds familiar too but again it is one of the ultra-rare things (as far I can tell). If you encounter it again more details about it would be great.

Mephisto

Possible Errors in RC4
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2006, 04:38:01 pm »
Another issue:

everytime I complete a mission (base-attack or standard) after reaching state3 (the invasion begins) the game crashes.

I'm using SVN-3530 "Bandobras Edition" (;)) on Win32 but this happened in 3490, too

(yes, I uninstalled and reinstalled)

Superone

Possible bugs on RC4
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2006, 07:56:35 pm »
Good evening, I've been a great X-Com fan since it's begining and I believe your effort is great and deserves all we can offer (even if it is bug testing)

So far I've encountered two bugs. One already mentioned (research set at 0% at game loading) and the second one:

*When I put the IR googles on a soldier in the aircraft equipment screen an error pops out in windows to debug:
-if you hit cancel, game crashes
-if you hit debug, I don't know how to debug
-if you hit ignore, It keeps on popping until you go back to the game but you can no longer select that soldier as the error will pop back.

I tried this twice and always the same.

Good luck and great work