project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Bug Fix: Soldiers stuck in aircraft in city map  (Read 37252 times)

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Bug Fix: Soldiers stuck in aircraft in city map
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2011, 09:53:37 am »
or ~/.ufoai/2.3/base

or ~/.ufoai/2.3.1/base (depends on version)

-geever

Offline Friendly79

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2011, 05:27:01 pm »
G'day guys..

running winxp, 3.5gig ram, nvidia 9800gtx 512

vid setting on normal with everything unchecked, auto ratio
ive installed the patch .pk3 to D:\Program Files\UFOAI-2.3.1\base
Now i constantly crash in fullscreen. tried everything i can to fix it.. windowed, the patch did the job i can move the men out of the dropship, just not fullscreen

Win32 Release version 2.3.1 (525 MB) instaled 1hr ago

thanks in advance for you assistance
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Update, issue fixed, it forced me to select 16:9 .. auto ratio wasnt allowing fullscreen for some reason
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 07:07:34 pm by Friendly79 »

Offline littlepig

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2011, 04:57:49 pm »
Hi there.

I'm using the UFO:Alien invasion on Mac OS and recently I had this bug on a campaign mission (+city). I downloaded the patch and copied it to UFOAI/base/ (on the same dir as the 0maps.pk3).

I run the UFOAI and tried the +city small and +city medium on a skirmish game.

I've obtained the the following result:

+city medium:
The problem seems to continue. I can't select a unit (from 1 to 7) using mouse (only using keys), and I can't move them.

+city small:
The problem was partially solved. I can select a unit using mouse, the cursor turns green when I try to move it to some place nearby, but when I click on the mouse to actually move him, nothing happens. (See the next image, where the units' feet are now on the top of the ship, and not inside the ship as the previous image).

Any thoughts on how to solve this?

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2011, 08:34:31 pm »
My guess is that the patch is not being read. Do you have only pk3 folders in /base/ or do you have a subfolder /maps/?

Other possibility: do you have multiple versions of the game installed and maybe you're playing a different version than the one where you placed the 1maps.pk3?

Offline littlepig

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2011, 08:54:46 pm »
My guess is that the patch is not being read. Do you have only pk3 folders in /base/ or do you have a subfolder /maps/?

Other possibility: do you have multiple versions of the game installed and maybe you're playing a different version than the one where you placed the 1maps.pk3?

I don't have a subfolder maps.

I have a directory called i18n inside the base, along with every pk3 file and a game.dylib. To confirm if it is being read, I can erase both (1maps and 0maps) and the game should crash or give some sign that something is wrong right? I did that and after I choose a map, the game went all black and didn't start the skirmish game. That ensures that the game is reading the 0maps.pk3 that I erased.

Furthermore, I put back the 1maps.pk3 and the game didn't work on the +city. And If I put back the both, the game loads +city but the units error continues to exist.

I won't mind having the error, unless every time I run the campaign I lose 8 men to abort the mission (or try to be a rambo with the 8th).

The other possibility is not possible, I open content and open the game on the same icon, on ~/Applications, which is unique. This possibility is too discarded because the test I just made.

Offline bayo

• Professional loser
  • Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2011, 10:04:09 pm »
Please next time use jpg for screenshot like that, and reduce the image size (2MB is very big) or thumb it.

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2011, 08:13:58 am »
Hmm, then I have no ideas. I can only say confirm that the patch has worked for me and many other people. Perhaps you're the first Mac user to try it? I wouldn't think that would be the problem but I don't know Macs at all.

Also, there will be no difference between +city small and +city medium. Both use the same BSP file for the firebird dropship. It's possible the differences you see are unrelated to the BSP file, though I wouldn't know what it would be.