project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: 30303 - Electro laser works wierd  (Read 2733 times)

Offline MikeKle

• Rookie
    • View Profile
30303 - Electro laser works wierd
« on: June 02, 2010, 02:32:32 pm »
If you shot with Eltro Laser something for no effect, and then you shot same target with lethal weapon (like plasma riffle) the target instead of getting killed - getting stunned.
Another thing about Electro Laser, it is very very low effective. Practically unusable.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: 30303 - Electro laser works wierd
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 02:37:46 pm »
If you shot with Eltro Laser something for no effect, and then you shot same target with lethal weapon (like plasma riffle) the target instead of getting killed - getting stunned.
Another thing about Electro Laser, it is very very low effective. Practically unusable.

This is not a bug. Something's HP dropped below it's stun level with the hit from the lethal weapon.

-geever

Offline MikeKle

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 03:50:18 pm »
Ah thanks. But still, it's a little bit strange. I mean I never stuned anything with lethal weapons. Only if the target was hit by Electrolaser before.

Aesten

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 06:13:44 pm »
I believe it was one of the UFO:After... games by Altar. But think of the health bar as fully green. You shoot it with a stunning weapon, it takes off a small bit of health, but adds grey, so your now @ say 50% grey, 40green 10red. 90% total health, but 50% stun. You then shoot with the lethal, taking off 45% health. The stun amount doesn't change. But now total health is 45%. And the bar is now solely gray and red. And that's how you brought the current health below the stun level, causing the stun.