project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Missiontype: Mind Domination Generator  (Read 2225 times)

Offline Pimpio

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Missiontype: Mind Domination Generator
« on: January 15, 2011, 05:21:16 pm »
Short desc.:
Alien forces try to take over the world with Mind Domination Generators. Generators are heavily shielded bases which cannot be attacked with aircrafts. Players needs to mount a land attack to destroy the shield generators.

Flavor:
50's sci-fi with small amount of the Dirty Dozen.

Long desc.:
Engineer -class alien ship lands to build Mind Domination Generator. It disappears after two weeks and base appears. This landed ship does not trigger terror mission warning.

When one base is built the player gets an e-mail from anonymous source which tells about weird alien activities.

When three bases are built the player loses financial support of one country each month. When the bases are destroyed support from these previously mind controlled countries returns in pleased level.

Player can search for these bases with aircrafts. Aircraft in search mission possible needs a Land Scanner item.

When a player finds one Mind Domination Generator an e-mail is received which tells that because of the heavy shielding the base can not be attacked directly. Ground attack button appears. Trough it the player chooses the equipment and personnel used in attack. After the decision the attack party gets on the way and becomes unusable until the attack. After a week attack on Mind Domination Generator begins.

In the attack the players tries to destroy the shield generator. It is very heavily defended and to complete this mission a hefty amount of ordnances are required. It is a hard mission where using green troops is recommended because of probable losses.

After the shield generator is destroyed and the remnants of the attack party have fled the local army bombards the base into oblivion.

Offline Hertzila

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Missiontype: Mind Domination Generator
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 06:17:06 pm »
The XVI doesn't work that way. Also, alien bases.

Offline Tamanfodder

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 02:56:19 am »
I like the idea! But as herzilla said, XVI does not work that way! How about: Alien infection center! Where aliens drag people (by force of cource) and infects them! Same base, with more fitting description! And those who try to stop the greenys from dragging people there will ... well eat plasma! ;D Or if we would get REALLY cheesy with 50`s scifi. We could get a NEW ufo: "Abducter" Name says it all! Scotty...    ...i mean aliens would beam me... ....i mean people up! And bring them to be infected! Of cource Killing the Abducters would be EXTREMELY high priority!

P.S Excuse me if my idea has ABSOLUTELY no sence and/or it has typos. Once again im a bit too sleepy to be at the forum.

Offline Pimpio

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 03:20:10 am »
I can see pod people coming.

Offline Quester

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 09:27:58 pm »
I have to agree, a mind dominator does sound kindda cheezy.  But, the riading of some sort of generator/slash medical base would be intresting.  I have not gotten to the XVI part yet, but, I think I see where it is going.  Medical research bases would make more sense from a bug stadpoint, at least in my humble opnion.