project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: More WEAPNZ  (Read 15634 times)

Offline TrashMan

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: More WEAPNZ
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2010, 06:10:22 pm »

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2010, 06:19:14 pm »
OK, got it, thanks.  I'll add them to the data source soon.

Offline TrashMan

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2010, 08:32:38 am »
TEH PLAN

- changing the intro:
The military of all the countries have had some sucess. Phalanx is just one of the many projects they started and is looked down upon for the most part. That will explain the limited funding and medicore available recruits.

- weapon changes:
The development of weapons in the world won't stay still once the aliens arrive (if anything, it will be rushed). Some items becoming available for the player to buy as time passes.

P-80 assault rifle uses regular ammo, probably 7.62 caliber or higher
Adding another assult rifle. Maybe another caliber. Less damage, higher accuracy and bigger magazine.
Maybe a third assault rifle?
More ammo types?

Sniper rifle caliber reduced. 20mm is way too much for that model. Something like 12.6 or 14mm.
Adding another sniper rifle. The 20mm one. With a single shot magazine.

Adding a fully-automatic shotgun. Something like the AA-12.

Adding at least one more handgun. Again, varrying values for damage, ammo capacity and accuracy.

Combat armor description. 400% stronger than steel my ass. This needs to be toned down to something more down to earth.

X-ray pulse laser rifle

(if hip carry animations are added)
Heavy flamer, heavy plasma cannon, gattling gun and more

Offline Hertzila

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2010, 03:35:44 pm »
- changing the intro:
The military of all the countries have had some sucess. Phalanx is just one of the many projects they started and is looked down upon for the most part. That will explain the limited funding and medicore available recruits.

Wouldn't it be better to refer PHALANX as UN's project to deal with aliens (that also does a lot of research) with each military having their own project/solution for them? At least in my head it would make sense that you support your own project much more than some global joint-project (kinda as with communism: since you're supposed to help everyone instead of just yourself, you're not going to do nearly as much work for it ["why won't the others do it" -mentality]).

X-ray pulse laser rifle

Why only pulse?

Offline TrashMan

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2010, 12:47:53 pm »
Why only pulse?

To have a different visual effect. Variety is the spice of life.

Offline TrashMan

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2010, 09:57:31 am »
So, here's the idea for the lightning guns themselves: You start off with a microwave transmitter (if you just want a demonstration model, the one in an everyday microwave oven), build yourself a waveguide/focusing mirror, and apply an electric field to the resulting pre-ionized path, resulting in a directed bolt of lightning. The distance that the bolt remains directed out to would vary according to various issues, but that's a different subject.

;D

Offline Sarin

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2010, 10:35:08 am »
As for rifles, I'd suggest one "classic" assault rifle, most likely 5.56 NATO or 4.7 caseless (if you wanna keep to "real" calibers), and battle/marksman rifle, 7.62 NATO cal, that would be stronger and more accurate, but slower (probably special mode 3 round burst aimed, to use over medium distances).

A few suggestions: early research project "Scraped Stuff", a revival of some old experimental weapons. For example, automatic anti-materiel rifle (would work like autocannon from old UFO,especially good for throwing some small explosives over large distances). Also, I'd like to see lateer ingame improvements to rocket launcher, I love the stuff for indirect fire, but later lacks in damage, and some mid-game sniper rifle (seriously...lasers phase out sniper rifle, and then you have nothing for sniper skill till coilgun).

Offline Valaska

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2010, 12:43:02 pm »
I'm sure this was probably brought up  before (can't remeber)...but mhoar weaponz

Everyone likes weapons. Frak, the most popular mods for every squad-based tactical game I know are wepon mods. So why not put a few more weapons in?

I know we have some spare models laying around, why not use them? A few different assault rifles..maybe human versions of plasma weapons (after all, they weren't made for a human hand, so ergonomics much be shitty), or a few more weapons.
Maybe different types of laser..UV laser, X-ray laser, gazer...frak, there's no shortage of ideas.
For larger caliber weapons we have different types of ammo, and as far as theoreticals go:
http://www.projectrho.com/rocket/rocket3x.html

What other squad based tactical games are there out there btw?
We got promising technological solutions that would enable many sick weapons in the near future (once they are refined)

If nothing else, a game option like Jagged Allance 2 had - TONS OF GUNS. (bacily an option that turns on many new weapons in the main campaign)

;D

Offline ideluvian

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2010, 09:33:33 pm »
If ever you need more weapons to model try going to http://world.guns.ru/index-e.html find the button to change the language to English and wander to your hearts content.

My personal favorite is the ChayTac Long Range Intervention Sniper Rifle; though for killing aliens the Barrett XM500 would have to be my requested weapon.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2010, 10:23:23 pm »
If ever you need more weapons to model try going to http://world.guns.ru/index-e.html find the button to change the language to English and wander to your hearts content.

My personal favorite is the ChayTac Long Range Intervention Sniper Rifle; though for killing aliens the Barrett XM500 would have to be my requested weapon.

Human weapon arsenal is quite full we don't plan putting in any more.
Also if we did we should not put in recent but future weapons.

-geever