project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Errors in Tactical 30111  (Read 3060 times)

Offline Norska

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Errors in Tactical 30111
« on: May 24, 2010, 01:31:04 am »
Hey, new to the game (just started playing 2 days ago) and I wasn't sure if this should go here or in the linux section.

I updated the game today (using svn up && make && make lang && make maps && make pk3 && make uforadiant && sudo make install && sudo make install_data  in trunk)

and the terminal says I'm up to date w/ 30111, but the in game screen still says 30096 (not sure if this is relevant)

After this update, whenever I load a tactical mission (whether in campaign or skirmish) I can select things with the mouse in the UI such change view levels, select characters etc, but the cursor is stuck as a +, even in the actual tactical screen.  When I try and do something in the tactical screen nothing happens, there is no selection/movement box, if I click a soldier directly nothing happens, if I select a weapon to attack with the cursor doesn't change and I get no aiming.

Also, whenever I open an inventory of a selected soldier, nothing appears in the inventory.

Pretty sure this is something I screwed up with along the way, but I'm at a loss (and I'm pretty new to ubuntu/nix).

Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

Edit:  Also, the scroll wheel no longer zooms in/out on tactical maps.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 02:19:39 am by Norska »

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Errors in Tactical 30111
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 10:24:38 am »
and the terminal says I'm up to date w/ 30111, but the in game screen still says 30096 (not sure if this is relevant)

That is updated on clean builds IIRC (do make clean (or maybe ./configure too?))

After this update, whenever I load a tactical mission (whether in campaign or skirmish) I can select things with the mouse in the UI such change view levels, select characters etc, but the cursor is stuck as a +, even in the actual tactical screen.  When I try and do something in the tactical screen nothing happens, there is no selection/movement box, if I click a soldier directly nothing happens, if I select a weapon to attack with the cursor doesn't change and I get no aiming.

Also, whenever I open an inventory of a selected soldier, nothing appears in the inventory.

Pretty sure this is something I screwed up with along the way, but I'm at a loss (and I'm pretty new to ubuntu/nix).

Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

Edit:  Also, the scroll wheel no longer zooms in/out on tactical maps.

Don't forget to do  make models (before pk3).
For HUD issues try removing your keys.cfg (guess).

-geever

ps. wow, this is my 1024th comment. I'm going to open a beer for it. :D

Offline Duke

• Administrator
  • PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Errors in Tactical 30111
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 10:56:34 pm »
ps. wow, this is my 1024th comment. I'm going to open a beer for it. :D
Nice jubilee for an IT guy ;)
I just opened a beer too. The drinks today are on you, I suppose ?!