project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: UGV Equipment?  (Read 9672 times)

Offline Hertzila

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: UGV Equipment?
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2010, 01:49:27 am »
I really wish they would have elaborated more on why it gets more accurate (it definitely is more accurate, based on that video), what are those advantages you gain after going over the fire rate of 2000 RPM  ????

Offline homunculus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2010, 02:59:08 am »
well, as far as i see in the video, the gatling gun seems to keep itself more stable while firing.
if it has something to do with rpm, it might have something to do with moment of inertia, like gyroscope, which also keeps itself stable.
turning a gyroscope around might be a little bit unintuitive, though.

Offline val

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2010, 06:56:10 am »
Hey, where's the artillery?  Surely light artillery can be mounted on a UGV.

Think slow semiauto explosive over obstacles.  ACROSS THE WHOLE MAP. Surely that can be available immediately or research-able quickly.

Offline Sarin

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2010, 01:21:04 pm »
Using artillery in area with civilians is not a good idea. Too much collateral damage.

Offline val

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2010, 04:41:02 am »
Doesn't really matter if you aim at an alien ship.  Most likely the civilians there either fled or don't have a care in the world an more.  Good point though.

Offline mor2

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2010, 01:03:53 pm »
no they just high... think about it, an alien ship crash/lands and still few hours later they still dancing cumbya around the fire camp 2m from the alien ship! and only when i arrive they run in panic, its like i see COPS RUN, HIDE THE SHIT, while before it was see aliens/dead people, good shit  ;D

I really wish they would have elaborated more on why it gets more accurate (it definitely is more accurate, based on that video), what are those advantages you gain after going over the fire rate of 2000 RPM  ????
i think it has nothing todo with 2000RPM, they can get the same result with 50RPM, mostly its because its electric powered, which allows it to turn at such speed(and from the start) and from there its physics, more specifically angular momentum.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 01:14:15 pm by mor2 »

Offline ViolentAJ

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2010, 01:20:24 pm »
I think that a UGV with an electro-laser, taser, or some other stun gun would be a good idea. Maybe even a suicide bomb UGV.

Offline Tamanfodder

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2010, 10:23:35 pm »
UGVs...   ...why not MANNED vehicles like a light TANK! That would chew those aliens up and spit them out! To keep it fair that tank could take the space of 6 soldiers from the craft... Or all of them with firebird...

Offline Quester

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2011, 04:35:53 pm »
Ok, I am an OLD hand at play X-Com.  Even then when I was using my UVG's I had trouble with survivablity.  Every bug with a plasma weapon and a Dirty Harry attitude would come out and shoot the hell out fo my tank.  It got so bad I was usign them as scouts instead of my troops.  Not ideal, but it worked.  The only thing in, at least so far, I have not encounted a situation where a UVG would be useful.  TO me they they would be just one more tool, and a nice one to draw fire off of my troops.  But, my thing is, would they require a seperate building at the home base, and, what about airdropping them into the hotzone as the firebird lands to deliver its payload of PHALANX soldiers?  Innacuarate, yes, fustrating, yes, but, realistic.  At that point, it gives the bugs one more headache to deal with, and its a well armoured one at that.  Its no Land Raider, but its still a headache to have wandering about guttign your troops with its vulcan.