project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Starcraft 2  (Read 6211 times)

Offline Legendman3

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Starcraft 2
« on: May 03, 2010, 10:41:05 pm »
Ok you guys have to know this game it was the best rts game ever made in my opinion but now......

http://us.starcraft2.com/beta-faq.xml

OMFG whats that? ITS STARCRAFT 2 BETA YES FINALLY!!!!!!!!
I dont know how long its been out of how many of you have heard of it but its out and they have made a map maker for it.
I am so gonna get this beta even though theres a small chance i get it.

This also reminds me that if there are any gamers out there that hate having their disks scratched wait until june 17 and go get Onlive.
http://www.onlive.com/special1

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Starcraft 2
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 10:47:22 pm »
Funny thing, I loved Starcraft, one of the two RTSes I really got into (the other one being Dawn of War), but I'm not that inclined to play Starcraft 2. I think the main reason is that singleplayer campaigns in RTSes are usually not that interesting, and I know nobody who will play multiplayer with me. All my friends either play FPS or MMORPG, and I refuse to play against people I don't know.

Offline Legendman3

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 11:12:03 pm »
Then why not play with random people its not that bad right now i have just gotten C&C 4 and am pwning random noobs online

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 11:18:07 pm »
Then why not play with random people its not that bad right now i have just gotten C&C 4 and am pwning random noobs online
I refuse to play against people I don't know.

Offline DiDiT

• Squad Leader
  • Your local Flame-thrower wielding Furry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 11:48:52 pm »
...just gotten C&C 4...

NEVER MENTION THAT GAME AGAIN!... or I'll bite you to death
But really, when they declared it would have no base building, a little part of my heart died.
there's no way I'm gonna pay for that wannabe dawn-of-war 2 rip-off...

*goes off to find a cracked torrent of it*

Offline Legendman3

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 12:29:21 am »
Yah i was disappointed that there were no structures but the amazing graphics, gameplay, and AI's bad ass attitude made up for it... a little *sniff*

Offline masssiveego

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2010, 12:02:06 pm »
I haven't been able to play the game, but from the reviews I see that it's popular.

Dark

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 05:20:01 pm »
Ive joined the beta not long after it was launched.
There are few things I can say about SC2.
1. Its pretty much the same as SC1 but then in 3D and with quite "changed" (couldnt find a better phrase) units and new abilities allowing new tactics.
2. SC2 is still highly competitive just like SC1. Ive always had this impression about SC that its not just an RTS. Its an action-RTS (with the good and bad sides of it).
3. New battlenet lets you find opponents for a match really fast. Your enemies and possibly also allies are picked automatically based on the players rating (you still sometimes get unbalanced matches atm though).
4. Its possible to play in team with friend(s) which is what I find most fun in SC2 (though that applies to most games that theyre better with friends). I have been playing SC2 beta with a friend for quite a while and its a completely different expirience. Me and my friend got our tactics, we cooperate, support and read each others moves well. Cooperation with random people is just not as efficient and you even sometimes dont feel like youre in team at all.

Offline Legendman3

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2010, 09:50:35 pm »
Sweet i want to try it because i dont have a cmoputer that can run starcraft... DosBox dosent run this stuff of 64bit for me

Offline weekendwarriora1c

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2010, 10:25:44 pm »
As UFO:AI grows up, UFO:AI's mother will ask UFO:AI why it can't be more like StarCraft 2.

Offline Legendman3

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2010, 03:47:04 am »
lol good one

Offline taixyz1992

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2010, 01:21:23 pm »
This game is very great but my PC can't support  :( :(
I must upgrade my hardware
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 04:28:56 pm by geever »

Offline mor2

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2010, 12:29:34 am »
Ok you guys have to know this game it was the best rts game ever made in my opinion but now......

http://us.starcraft2.com/beta-faq.xml

OMFG whats that? ITS STARCRAFT 2 BETA YES FINALLY!!!!!!!!
the last part, so true... i had the same response  ;D

just seen this old post and had to drop by, the game is awesome unlike 99% of the sequels this one is doesnt suck on the contrary its above and beyond.
the only draw back is that you cannot lan play, which is a bummer i remember fondly hour of hours of starcraft on our school lan, so long ago ...