project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Can someone please try to compile the latest trunk version under Windows ?  (Read 3197 times)

Offline MCR

• PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
I am having problems to compile under Windows using MinGW & would like to know if I am the only one ?!

Everything works fine until:
Compiling: ..\..\src\client\renderer\r_light.c
C:\UfoAIBuildEnvironment_NEW\MinGW\ufoai\src\client\renderer\r_light.c:167: error: 'POINT' redeclared as different kind of symbol
C:/UfoAIBuildEnvironment_NEW/MinGW/include/windef.h:324: error: previous declaration of 'POINT' was here
Process terminated with status 1 (1 minutes, 4 seconds)
2 errors, 0 warnings
Endtime:   2010.05.02 16:02:37 1
Error 16
C::B returned an error during C:\UfoAIBuildEnvironment_NEW\MinGW\ufoai\build\projects\ufo.mod.cbp

Please Help.

Offline balasar

• Rookie
    • View Profile
I have a similar problem. I use Muton's utility. :(
r29682

E:\Games\ufoai\svn1\src\client\renderer\r_light.c:167: error: 'POINT' redeclared as different kind of symbol
e:\games\ufoai\develop\ufoaiwin32buildenv\mingw\bin\../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.4.1/../../../../include/windef.h:324: note: previous declaration of 'POINT' was here
Process terminated with status 1 (1 minutes, 27 seconds)
1 errors, 0 warnings
Endtime:   2010.05.02 18:00:48 1
Error 16
C::B returned an error during E:\Games\ufoai\svn1\build\projects\ufo.mod.cbp

Offline MCR

• PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
Thanks, balasar.

But this has nothing to do with Muton's Tool I suppose, but with differences between Windows & Linux.
I think the POINT in light.c conflicts with the typedef in windef.h & now UFO:AI is not Windows MinGW compatible anymore  :P
I will write open a bug tracker item on sourceforge & assign this to arisian, I am sure this is a minor problem which will be repaired soon.

Thanks again for helping me find out that I am not alone with this bug ;)

Offline Edi

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Yep, that's a conflict in the source code. There's nothing that can be done without altering the source. Somebody should open a priority 1 tracker item on this.

Offline Edi

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Fixed in r29684.

Really, you don't have to overreact. A "doesn't compile" issue tends to get noticed (and fixed) pretty quickly.