project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: maps are totally black  (Read 2257 times)

Offline ligtvoet

• Rookie
    • View Profile
maps are totally black
« on: April 30, 2010, 02:18:14 pm »
Hi, I'm running version 29652 30 april, on Ubuntu Linux 10.04. I noticed that on my last update a few days ago, all maps were black. Soldiers can be selected - the green box and circle are visible - but nothing else of the map is.

Some of the messages received:
R_ProgramVariable: Could not find HARDNESS in program world. (src/client/renderer/r_state.c: line 300)
R_ProgramVariable: Could not find BUMP in program world. (src/client/renderer/r_state.c: line 301)
R_ProgramVariable: Could not find HARDNESS in program world. (src/client/renderer/r_surface.c: line 57)
R_ProgramVariable: Could not find LIGHTPOS in program world. (src/client/renderer/r_mesh.c: line 459)
etc.

Offline ligtvoet

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: maps are totally black
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 09:15:07 pm »
Seems I solved this by switching GSLS shading off. It is weird, though, because in earlier versions this wasn' t a problem.

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
Re: maps are totally black
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 09:19:48 pm »
Did you recently upgrade Ubuntu to the new 10.04 release from an older one?  Or did you try it out as a beta previously?

The reason I ask is that the new version of Ubuntu that just came out a few days ago uses a different default driver for graphics, I've heard much of the graphics libraries and stuff were changed to a new system, although I really don't know the details.

I do recall hearing something about changes with OpenGL with the new version...

I'm not sure off-hand if it only affects NVidia video cards or all video cards though.