project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: r29482 crash - Is this something that's my fault?  (Read 2076 times)

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
r29482 crash - Is this something that's my fault?
« on: April 20, 2010, 06:46:41 am »
This was from skirmish mode, testing the new city map - All I did was start the mission, didn't move any units, just swung the camera around to look at parts of the map, and when going to the top level where the alien ship is it crashed.

I'm not sure if this is something I did when building the installer/compiling the map, or if it is just because the city map is still a work in progress...

When the installer is done uploading, others can try for themselves.

Sorry if this was already discussed in a recent post, I've been busy the last few days and haven't checked into the forum as often.

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
Re: r29482 crash - Is this something that's my fault?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 07:34:53 am »
nope - not your fault - that's a map bug. i will have a look in the evening (if nate isn't faster).

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: r29482 crash - Is this something that's my fault?
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 11:44:29 am »
Mattn, I still don't know what you did to fix it before. But I'm sure I added it back in when I put the UFO in. The UFO model (just the lower level of it) pokes just a tiny bit above the 512 line, and there's not really anything I can do about it since it's all one entity.

What did you do before so that I know what not to do to keep this error from happening?

Destructavator, thanks for reporting. I was a little premature in calling for testing as this bug has been persistent and prevents anyone from testing. I will post a note in this thread when it is gone for good (hopefully), so that people can start testing it properly.