project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Question,  (Read 3567 times)

Offline RCO

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Question,
« on: April 10, 2010, 01:10:16 am »
 I'm new to these parts so here goes:

Did i just beat the game??? I had no more research options left, and after a captured UFO was disassembled the game took me to a "thanks for playing-type" screen with the names of the development crew (thanks by the way). There were LOTS of things i didn't get to see: a UFO attack on my base, a higher rank for my soldiers, only two soldiers made it past Rifleman. I had about 25 soldiers hired, and 10 of them saw more than 15 combat missions. So what happened? Another thing i did not see was my SAM Batteries at full use. The game said it was "activated" but i never saw it respond to anything. Is there some sort of command I must give? I also never saw a mini gun. Never needed to use the secondary or melee weapons, and never got to capture an alien other than an orknok (which was probably my fault). The game does keep going, but i still cant help but feel theres nothing left to research. Am I right about this? One last thing. The date is January 1st. I haven't even reached a year yet. I only created 3 bases. and for some reason, UFO's have been scared to fly around earth lately. Is there some sort of bug here?

I also read somewhere that there IS no ending to the game. Im running version 2.2.1.

Offline Legendman3

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Question,
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 01:46:28 am »
Its called replay on higher difficulty. (At own risk) Or go to 2.3 wich you might want to do and the very easy difficulty is like the normal difficulty on 2.2.1

Offline Hertzila

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 01:51:30 am »
You just hitted the ending of 2.2.1. Congratulations.

In 2.3 there will be an ending (a real ending). The developement will still be far from over though.
Yes, you must specifically command your base to attack a close flying UFO. Otherwise they won't attack to keep the location secret (not much point in 2.2.1 but supposedly is in 2.3).
There won't be a minigun for your soldiers. Ever. UGVs have a gatling gun though (when they're implemented anyway).
If you didn't capture much live aliens you are missing a couple of researches.

Offline Legendman3

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 04:42:00 am »
The XVI virus confuses me and lets you attack alien bases.

Offline RCO

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 08:25:17 am »
thanks. THATS ANOTHER THING! The "Virus Bar" mines only reached 3%. i was hoping to see Soldiers turn into aliens or zombies or something. I forgot about changing the difficulty. All this time, I thought i was kicking ass. Is 2.3 out yet? Got the idea that is going to take a bit.

Offline Legendman3

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 08:44:06 am »
2.3 is in development you can get the svn but its 2GB then you gotta compile it and install it so ya. Its sorta out but buggy, very buggy to me.

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 11:09:53 am »
If you're on Windows you can get installers for the 2.3 dev version every now and then here. But yes, these can be buggy. Best to use them just for skirmishes. A stable 2.3 release is coming out in the who knows when future, so may be worth waiting for that to start a campaign.

Offline docwild

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2010, 04:55:26 pm »
Its called replay on higher difficulty. (At own risk) Or go to 2.3 wich you might want to do and the very easy difficulty is like the normal difficulty on 2.2.1

Thats why I cant get anywhere... I've been playing on insanely hard. LOL.. oh well, I wont give up until they harvest my organs.

Offline Legendman3

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2010, 11:51:18 pm »
oh well, I wont give up until they harvest my organs.

LoL