project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Dj Variablo @ Your Service  (Read 2752 times)

Offline Dj Variablo

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Dj Variablo @ Your Service
« on: April 04, 2010, 11:21:27 pm »
Hello All,

I been tracking the progress of this production quite some time and i actually was hoping things would fall into place and here we are :D
Grats to all of you who amzed me when i opened up the first game session.
I was truly inspired by the original music some time back and i always wanted to make something simulair but original to the feeling of the PLaystation version music of John Broomhall.

If you could please take a look, i made a small gameplay movie and implemented my remixed composition (made in Reason 4.1)
Hoping i can be of service i want to get in touch with more experts on music and ambient FX to make the best result in the end.

My first toughts on the musical theme would sure be variable music but they should be held in a same context so the game does not loose its face and intention.
The creepy alien alike sound track John Broomhall made , was nearly perfect because i think nothing is perfect unles everyone likes it :)

So i want to try and life up to make a perfect soundtrack inspired by its origins and alien alike space music Broomhall presented a long time ago.

Check out the link, i made a small Demo which took me about 45 minuts to make minus the time compressing and uploading the file ofcourse.   8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP_g5ysvWG8

Offline MCR

• PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Dj Variablo @ Your Service
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 12:18:13 am »
Hello again,

I was truly inspired by the original music some time back and i always wanted to make something simulair but original to the feeling of the PLaystation version music of John Broomhall.

If you could please take a look, i made a small gameplay movie and implemented my remixed composition (made in Reason 4.1)
Hoping i can be of service i want to get in touch with more experts on music and ambient FX to make the best result in the end.

My first toughts on the musical theme would sure be variable music but they should be held in a same context so the game does not loose its face and intention.
The creepy alien alike sound track John Broomhall made , was nearly perfect because i think nothing is perfect unles everyone likes it :)

So i want to try and life up to make a perfect soundtrack inspired by its origins and alien alike space music Broomhall presented a long time ago.

Check out the link, i made a small Demo which took me about 45 minuts to make minus the time compressing and uploading the file ofcourse.   8)

Man, it sounds nice, especially when the new drums set in, but it has too much of a copy.
I listened to the original version of this on youtube &, sorry for writing that, your version sounds IMHO like a very close-to-the-original- remix, almost copied.

Maybe you should get a actual version of the game (UFO:AIv2.3dev) & listen to the tracks in base/music & take your sound orientation & inspiration from there. You can find very nice tracks there. If you threw that together in 45 minutes, I wonder what you can do using more time... ;)

& if you are rather the remixing-type of musician, I am sure we could need some nice variations & remixes especially from the geoscape music  ;)

Offline Dj Variablo

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Re: Dj Variablo @ Your Service
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 06:08:40 am »
Hi,

No offence taken but that's exactly the idea of making it sound like the original.  ;)
My goal is to set the color and style in which the original PS version was shipped.
The gloomy music and sound FX kept you seated and uptight.
Every turn of combat was a great experience because you could never expect what would lurk behind that dark corner, especially Crysalids!!!
It was tensed and I hope to be able to recreate this feeling, following in John Broomhall's Footsteps with my own official soundtrack.

I make the tracks from scratch so don't get me wrong, i don't sample anything.
I'll start making a battle space environmental track and shall post it on YouTube.
Respect to everyone who contributes and make this game 2010 style.

Sinceraly,
Dj Variablo
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 06:13:58 am by Dj Variablo »