project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Track - Return Journey  (Read 14799 times)

Offline Gren

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Track - Return Journey
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2010, 07:20:57 pm »
This is really cool stuff!! - thank you both.  ;D

I was unsure of the little guitar riff at 1:51, but I have also thought about changing the Acoustic Guitar voice for another (more futuristic) instrument. The riff can be removed and I can drop into the next section a bit smoother.

Whilst looking at drum loops I also discovered some old soundfont files I had stored on here since before 2000  :o - (probably restored from one of my back-ups) and I've been looking at importing some of the options with those - some nice voice samples there.  :D

Not much progress on the drum track yet... but I'm thinking of attempting to enhance those ambient sections more AND retain the futuristic feel in the middle, instead of the medievil theme.. I think it's mainly the Acoustic run-in that may be the cause - I have a heavy lead synth voice running in that section, which I'm thinking of substituting with a nice Melotron voice re-discovered today.. :)

See how we go -  ;D ;D

Offline Hertzila

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2010, 01:37:29 pm »
How's this coming up?

Offline Gren

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2010, 04:08:25 pm »
How's this coming up?

Sorry Hertzila - I missed your question..  :o :-[

Work is still in progress. (kinda immersed in experimenting with loads of different instruments)

I've removed the Acoustic centre section and changed the questionable guitar riff slightly - atm putting together a new centre (56 bars or so) - but it's a slow melodic/ambient-type section. I incorporated a tempo change to bring the pace right down - dropped from 120bpm to 80. The run-in to the new centre is a kind of galaxial/spacial atmosphere, with a short-paced base progression. - sounds ok so far and coming on well. (my opinion)

:D ;)

Offline Hertzila

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2010, 09:22:44 pm »
All right. I'll be waiting for that next version. You can take your time, just make it good  ;).
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 09:24:52 pm by Hertzila »

Offline MCR

• PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2010, 09:37:14 pm »
Where is Gren ?

Offline Gren

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2010, 09:46:08 pm »
Where is Gren ?

Hey! - I'm still around.  :D

Changed quite a few things with the final version (changed and changed again the middle section) and experimenting with mastering suite, but still not quite ready. Also, a couple of other pieces (ideas running alongside) I'm still working on.

I'm sure you will like the improvements when finished.  ;) ;D

Offline MCR

• PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2010, 09:59:13 pm »
Cool  ;)
 8) 8) 8)

Great to hear from you !

Offline MCR

• PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile