project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: [suggestion] Hacking  (Read 3958 times)

Offline starwaver

• Cannon Fodder
  • BANG!!! Just kidding
    • View Profile
[suggestion] Hacking
« on: March 16, 2010, 09:05:26 pm »
I've got a really good idea that could be implanted in the game, Hacking.
Hacking is basicly hiring hackers to hack into the ailen network and finding out additional informations regarding their tactics and technologies. Here's a list of properties of hacking:
1. hacking should be avaliable during mid-game to later-game, perferablely after XVI has being discovered, A proposal will be sent to the commander to research the alien network, after research, a intelligence gathering facility will be unlocked and able to be build in the base. This allows the commander to hire hackers and allows the interception of alien informations
2. Hacking the alien network allows the commander to predict future attack positions and able to move to the target location before the alien arrives. And the commander could place their own troops on any area of the map before the mission begins. When the mission begins, the UFO will land in a wide open space and alien wil spawn near their UFOs, (similar to how the player's troops spawn near their aircraft) and thus allow the player to ambush the aliens
3. hidden technologies will be unlocked for research or assist in much faster research of already known technologies. (such as the ability to replicate the mini particle accelerator)
4. the hacking process maybe found by aliens, in which the alien would have anti-hacking softwares that disables hacking, a research of a new hacking route is needed to unlock the hacking process again. And if found out, the same research could be done again and for everytime hackers are discovered. After the hackers are discovered, Alien base invasion will be more frequent in player bases for a period of time.
5. Later in game, hacking could also be used to disable ufos and making them crush without the need for interception. the size of ufo would not matter, however, the bigger, the badder the ufo, the more likely to be discovered.

These are my ideas. And if anyone thinks of anything, please add on

Offline DiDiT

• Squad Leader
  • Your local Flame-thrower wielding Furry.
    • View Profile
Re: [suggestion] Hacking
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 10:35:02 pm »
Hmm...

I don't know why, but I quite like this idea... needs a little cleaning up, and such, to make it fit with the game IMO. e.g. the aliens don't need and likely don't use computer-networks, so direct access to the system would be needed so a research option into studying a radar upgrade that alowed hacking alien computers for Info?, such as the ones on UFO's, might be interesting. perhaps providing information on the ships crew and/or the ships mission and destination?

As for discovering the secrets of replicating of particle accelerator ammo packs, and the 'hidden technologies', they are out of the question. the lac of particle gun ammo makes the game more fun, forcing them to save the ammo for one of the best weapons they own, instead of giving one to every other soldier.  

Offline Hertzila

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 12:08:04 am »
I've got a really good idea that could be implanted in the game, Hacking.
Hacking is basicly hiring hackers to hack into the ailen network and finding out additional informations regarding their tactics and technologies. Here's a list of properties of hacking:
1. hacking should be avaliable during mid-game to later-game, perferablely after XVI has being discovered, A proposal will be sent to the commander to research the alien network, after research, a intelligence gathering facility will be unlocked and able to be build in the base. This allows the commander to hire hackers and allows the interception of alien informations
2. Hacking the alien network allows the commander to predict future attack positions and able to move to the target location before the alien arrives. And the commander could place their own troops on any area of the map before the mission begins. When the mission begins, the UFO will land in a wide open space and alien wil spawn near their UFOs, (similar to how the player's troops spawn near their aircraft) and thus allow the player to ambush the aliens
3. hidden technologies will be unlocked for research or assist in much faster research of already known technologies. (such as the ability to replicate the mini particle accelerator)
4. the hacking process maybe found by aliens, in which the alien would have anti-hacking softwares that disables hacking, a research of a new hacking route is needed to unlock the hacking process again. And if found out, the same research could be done again and for everytime hackers are discovered. After the hackers are discovered, Alien base invasion will be more frequent in player bases for a period of time.
5. Later in game, hacking could also be used to disable ufos and making them crush without the need for interception. the size of ufo would not matter, however, the bigger, the badder the ufo, the more likely to be discovered.

These are my ideas. And if anyone thinks of anything, please add on

Frankly, all this seems to fall to the category scientists could fill. Besides that didit hit the bulls eye in that aliens don't need big computer setups, hackers would need wired lines to actually do anything with their computers. And that's certainly hard to achieve. And hacking the ship computers is already partly done by scientists, otherwise how could they know that much about their ECM systems?

Offline starwaver

• Cannon Fodder
  • BANG!!! Just kidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 04:09:08 am »
Hmm...

I don't know why, but I quite like this idea... needs a little cleaning up, and such, to make it fit with the game IMO. e.g. the aliens don't need and likely don't use computer-networks, so direct access to the system would be needed so a research option into studying a radar upgrade that alowed hacking alien computers for Info?, such as the ones on UFO's, might be interesting. perhaps providing information on the ships crew and/or the ships mission and destination?

As for discovering the secrets of replicating of particle accelerator ammo packs, and the 'hidden technologies', they are out of the question. the lac of particle gun ammo makes the game more fun, forcing them to save the ammo for one of the best weapons they own, instead of giving one to every other soldier.  

well... the accelerator ammos are really a lame example, What I intended is technologies of somesort that can only be acquired this way, technologies that aren't for the military use of the aliens, but rather as a communication or civil uses. And I really like my idea of being able to ambush the aliens instead of them just ambushing you.
And about the Alien not using computer part, earth must have got some new indirect way of hacking Alien's hive mind instead of a direct connected way to hack it. After all, the game is set in the future

« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 04:11:51 am by starwaver »

Offline Hertzila

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 02:36:46 pm »
And about the Alien not using computer part, earth must have got some new indirect way of hacking Alien's hive mind instead of a direct connected way to hack it. After all, the game is set in the future

We don't have anything. Otherwise why would the scientists working on simply talking to the aliens complain how big pain in the neck it is. We are struggling to understand how their hivemind even thinks and works, let alone interrogate it effectively or "hack" it. We, quite simply, have no idea how XVI works.

It's the future, big deal. It doesn't mean everything is possible.