project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: PB grenade bounced out of map, soldier in the center of the map died  (Read 2403 times)

Offline Viento

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Hiho!

I found a VERY strange bug (?) in Mutons build (2.3)!

I fired 3 PB grenades close to the edge of the map. 1 missed and fell "off" the map.

Suddenly there was a death message "Soldiername died".

I had to search for the soldier (who was hundreds of meters away) who had died because I had no idea where he was. I found the body relatively in the center of the map. 

There was definitely no further alien on the map and it was no alien reactionfire kill.

I can only think of a bug that the grenade that bounces off the map still did some damage somewhere. This time at a place where, unfortunately, my soldier was standing.

Is that possible or am I crazy?

Andy

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
Re: PB grenade bounced out of map, soldier in the center of the map died
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 10:31:26 pm »
which map was it and where did it happen? it's e.g. possible that a "removed" grenade would be set back to world origin 0,0,0 and did the damage there after it was "removed"

Offline zapkitty

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 11:02:40 pm »
which map was it and where did it happen? it's e.g. possible that a "removed" grenade would be set back to world origin 0,0,0 and did the damage there after it was "removed"

... zombie grenade is zombie...

Offline Viento

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 02:47:42 pm »
Sorry, I didn't think that it could be important to note down the map. I didn't pay attention. :(

The grenade went off the map on the northern side. The executed solider was somewhere around the center of the map.

Andy