project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: FR: Tactical Mission "dump" :-)  (Read 2165 times)

Offline insetto

• Rookie
    • View Profile
FR: Tactical Mission "dump" :-)
« on: February 22, 2010, 12:06:40 am »
Hi, first plese let me thanks all the peaple that makes this game a reality!!
I've played all the X-COM titles and still have the game boxes somewhere around.
So you can understand how I felt when I've founded this project. ^^

FR:
As sometimes tactical mission require sometimes a lot of time and it's not always possibile to keep PC on or the game open.
Is it possibile to have a "save/dump" feature to save the state of the mission and continue after some times?

I've already readed the reason for no save during tactical mission and I'd like it.
My request isn't for a save feature.

It's because most of the times during a tactical mission there's always someone who need your help, and usually got a stupid reasons like making dinner, clean the house, bring down the dog, a cold bed.... :)

Offline Hertzila

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: FR: Tactical Mission "dump" :-)
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 12:55:16 am »
Besides the fact that a system like that could STILL be abused (copy the savefile somewhere safe and copy/load it whenever you need it, stick this to a macro and you got a quicksave), saving/savestating during battlescape has also its technical reasons why it is not implemented. IIRC it would require a decent amount of work, which the devs could use for much more important things.

Offline insetto

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: FR: Tactical Mission "dump" :-)
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 01:07:25 pm »
Yes, I know can be a cheat but it can be very easy to avoid this ( like avoiding a save panel but just giving a "restore" option when you load the last save of a campaing - with dump linked to save in a manner - or just giving the a one chance option to load it when you start the game )
Btw I know that every features, even minor ones, can require a lot of time.
Maybe keep it as a FR for a future build.

Thank you for the reply, can't wait for 2.3 ;)