project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: [Fixed] reaction fire reservation not working  (Read 7361 times)

Offline mark.hawrylak

• Rookie
    • View Profile
[Fixed] reaction fire reservation not working
« on: February 05, 2010, 07:29:34 am »
Hi
I am unable to click on the shot fire reservation button on the HUD.  Pressing 'x' also says I cannot perform the action too.
i am playing r28412

« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 03:57:09 am by mark.hawrylak »

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
Re: reaction fire reservation not working
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 07:44:33 am »
you have to select a firemode first - the usage of this will be changed before 2.3 will be released. it's currently way too many clicks to activate rf.

Offline Xune

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 05:26:03 pm »
This didn't happen in 28338, the lowest TU fire mode was selected for reaction fire by default, usually snapshot. Now no fire mode is selected, requiring you to first choose that and then activate reaction fire.

It looks like the functionality of retaining the units reaction fire status between missions is still present so I'm guessing it shouldn't be too hard to also retain their previous reaction fire selection as well.

Offline GPS51

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 11:46:41 pm »
Hey I'm having the same problem of reaction fire not working. However even when selecting which type of reaction fire i want I am still unable to click the little X for changing between no fire/one shot/mult shots. I am currently playing build 28412. Any help would be great.

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 01:38:35 am »
Hey I'm having the same problem of reaction fire not working. However even when selecting which type of reaction fire i want I am still unable to click the little X for changing between no fire/one shot/mult shots. I am currently playing build 28412. Any help would be great.

I've been testing the exact same revision - I don't have this issue, but on your machine does it happen with all weapons?  Some weapons reaction fire is not available for, such as the rocket launcher for example.

Offline GPS51

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 06:26:37 am »
Yeah it oddly does. I'm using heavy laser,rocket launcher (no return fire for this one), sniper rifles, etc. Could it be a save game compatibility problem?
Also I get a pop up box that says ...togglereaction.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 06:35:32 am by GPS51 »

Offline j4l

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2010, 09:00:42 am »
I tried a single battle, doesn't change the problem: "can't activate reaction fire" is displayed

you have to select a firemode first - the usage of this will be changed before 2.3 will be released. it's currently way too many clicks to activate rf.

i guess we are just somewhat clumsy on how to use it. So where do i and how do i select the firemode?

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2010, 10:26:04 am »
that will hopefully change soon - but you have to click the fire button and select the reaction fire mode there.

Offline j4l

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2010, 11:16:20 am »
lol yeah i found it. never thought on clicking in one of the circles left to each firemode :) the way it works is not so bad (if you know about it ;))

selecting multiple reactionfire has still no graphical effect, but it works, right?

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2010, 01:14:51 pm »
I guess the weapons that can do reaction fire need a "default" firedef selected if none has been picked.

...Although should such a default be the first scripted firedef, the least costly, or something scripted for each weapon?

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2010, 03:11:58 pm »
this will change completely "soon" (tm)

the reaction fire will be set directory for the weapon, not in two different steps.

Offline zwijnstijn

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2010, 03:03:54 pm »
Suggesting to change it back the way it was in stable version 2.2.1
It's was too much hassle like it is now and the way it worked in the stable version was great.
I couldnt get reaction fire to be enabled either (5 febr 2010 latest dev release).
Also theres the firegraphic bug , it often doesnt center on the alien , if it does at all theres times you dont see the fire , if i am fired at , at least i wanna know where it came from lol.
Alein turns are also very sluggish,freezing a lot when in alien turn mode and also ( maybe because of that) doesnt center on the alien as again i know my units see aliens walk.. but since it doesnt center or hardly at all i got no clue as of where they are.
The alien turn is realy lagging

Offline j4l

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2010, 04:35:35 pm »
nice topic mixing ;)

i have the same problem so i zoom out to max before ending the turn. Would be nice to be able to zoom out a little bit more, so the hole map is on screen :)

Offline mark.hawrylak

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2010, 03:56:35 am »
I have been playing around in r28689.  the issue appears to be resolved.