project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: some bugs  (Read 2557 times)

Offline maackey

• Rookie
    • View Profile
some bugs
« on: February 04, 2010, 04:12:49 am »
hi. just started playing the other day, and thought i'd share some of what I found.

2.3-dev x86_64 Linux DEBUG
nvidia 9800gtx (latest default drivers)
4 gig ram
2.4 dual core amd cpu

- Textures are mismatched, some transparent as well. Sometimes they appear normal, most of the time not.
 - At my third "encounter" with the aliens in the campaign (setting just below standard) Really bad hang. Happened multiple times. (not sure if it will happen next time or not. wouldn't be surprised if it did)

attached are screens of both issues. (uhh, well, i reached the attachment limit -- but basically that last image in the top right corner would be the geoscape or the main menu if i pressed escape. The loading map screen flickered constantly between black/loading screen)

- Assault Rifles have the aimed shot as a reaction shot type -- most other weapons have aiming disabled for reaction shots, no?
 - Reserve shots button should really be a toggle (instead of dropdown list) for weapons with <3 different fire modes. (I only noticed this on the rocket launcher, really -- but it was a pain to select the only option from a dropdown list every time i wanted him to be able to move+fire)
 - I really dislike the game automatically assigning TU reservations for crouch/stand.
 - If weapons do not have multi-shot reactions than the reaction should be an on/off toggle instead of a 3-way one (where the last option is superfluous)
 - when crouching the origin of the weapon does not change (so you'd get the same angle of attack whether standing behind the barrels/boxes or crouching -- which doesn't seem right to me)

- When I pick up items (like the ones off of dead alien bodies) occasionally I just crash. nothing in the ufolog to suggest why either.
 - IRC says I'm not registered, program gives me no way to do so, I cannot logon as a guest.

Offline Xune

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: some bugs
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 06:48:26 pm »
I'm seeing these textural defects too including the hang, using Mutton's most recent windows build.

The rest of your points seem like feature requests rather than bugs but I definitely agree on the weapon origin being a problem. Too many times I have had a soldier take cover behind a bin or other item. The soldier can see over but they can't shoot at targets because they're firing from the hip which is obstructed by their cover. I think by default all models should fire from the shoulder unless taking a snap shot.

It seems like the destination of the shot can be altered by pressing shift, allowing you to aim at the targets feet, torso, head or above the model so it shouldn't be too hard to do likewise with the origin of the shot too.

Offline j4l

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: some bugs
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 07:37:12 pm »
the texture problems seem to be fixed in r28384 and r28395

i hope muton makes a new installer soon :)