project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: 2.3 questions, problems, and props  (Read 2124 times)

Offline dirrtygoat

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
2.3 questions, problems, and props
« on: January 16, 2010, 09:58:34 pm »
hey i just recently picked this game up. i loved xcom and am loving this game as well. i give props to the guys working on this, but i have a couple problems and questions. i did search the forums for these answers and could not find them, i know its annoying when the same questions are posted over and over on forums.

i am playing the 2.3 version

Problems:
1. The reserve tu options for firing and crouching do not work for me, i can select the settings but it does not stop a soldier from overstepping their limit before they cant fire or crouch any more. i can move them manually and leave them with enough for reaction fire or crouching and they perform as expected. doing the math and counting tus is doable but kind of annoying...every turn, 8 times a turn.

2. i also have crashes sporadically when loading a tactical map. i save regularly, especially before battles so i typically just reload and carry on my day.

3. also after loading tactical maps, it sometimes doesnt load the textures or colors right and i have funky looking dropships, ufos, and soldiers(annoying since i color code them to certain roles). once again i reload and usually everything is fine.

all 3 of these are relatively minor and definitely not game breaking(i love this game so far) but i was wondering if there was any recently uploaded code that fixed any of these problems or others i havent encountered yet? i would also need a simple howto to insert the code in necessary files.

Questions:

1. i built a ufo hangar and it states that the distance from the research base affects the researching time. i was wondering what kind of distances we are talking about. should the hangar be right next to the base or for example, could my base be in china and the hangar be in india and research perform fine?

2.where could i find a tech tree?

Thank you so much to all the people devoting their time to the development of this game. This is the only xcom based game that kept the spirit of the game but also made it refreshingly new at the same time. Keep up the good work!