project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: OSX installers  (Read 138530 times)

Offline ePhysic

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: OSX installers
« Reply #210 on: February 12, 2013, 11:02:41 pm »
oh... if you know how, please run ufo with
Code: [Select]
LC_ALL=C ./ufo and report back whether it works please.

Okay, got it. I ran the command in terminal mode LC_ALL = C. /ufo inside the folder /UFOAI.app/Contents/MacOS

When he started playing the entrance music was lively but the screen went dark without showing any image. I could not finish the program or forcing out. I had to turn off and on my iMac 2008.

I could not retrieve the error report mac, but here's ufoconsole generated.

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #211 on: February 13, 2013, 08:13:10 am »
gettext is for translations - this is where the crash happens. it looks like this happens if it can't find valid translations. maybe you are using a system language that we don't support (we don't have a translation for). That's why i need to know your language that you are using with macosx.

Offline ePhysic

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 13, 2013, 10:33:41 am »
gettext is for translations - this is where the crash happens. it looks like this happens if it can't find valid translations. maybe you are using a system language that we don't support (we don't have a translation for). That's why i need to know your language that you are using with macosx.

Oh yeah, Portuguese-Brazil. But I don't change the language in game. And I prefer to play in English, then never change the default language. But from what I understand he has trouble with the language of my operating system. Is it?

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #213 on: February 13, 2013, 01:26:28 pm »
no, it's a problem of the lib the game uses to load the translations. i was just asking for your language to see whether we have a translation for it.

Offline ePhysic

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 13, 2013, 01:38:09 pm »
Alright. So I could answer your question? Because remember playing version 2.1 without problems with the lib translation.

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #215 on: February 13, 2013, 07:21:16 pm »
yes - everything's fine - thanks for your logs and answers. i will try to find a fix.

Offline ePhysic

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 13, 2013, 09:22:15 pm »
yes - everything's fine - thanks for your logs and answers. i will try to find a fix.

I thank you for your dedication to this project. I wish I could help more, but unfortunately I do not know programming.

Offline nazzica

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 15, 2013, 02:54:06 pm »
Hi everybody,
I would tks all people working on this project and for mac stable version.
I'm downloading the 2.5 dev and in this weekend I hope to send you some feedback.
I hope to understand how to menage the "LC_ALL = C. /ufo" matter and to be of some help.
Thank you again!
n.

Offline ePhysic

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 15, 2013, 06:24:07 pm »
Hi everybody,
I would tks all people working on this project and for mac stable version.
I'm downloading the 2.5 dev and in this weekend I hope to send you some feedback.
I hope to understand how to menage the "LC_ALL = C. /ufo" matter and to be of some help.
Thank you again!
n.

Hi nazzica. The suggestion given by Mattn, was to see if the language we use on my iMac is compatible with the lib translations of the game. Case you need to run the command, click the UFOAI.app with the Control key and select "Show Package Contents" go to folders (Contents> MacOS) in this folder there are the apps responsible for running the game. Again, press Control and click on the file "ufo" and select "Get Info" copy the file path "where"(/Users/***/***/UFOAI.app/Contents/MacOS).
Now open the window "Terminal" and type> cd "the path that you copied" and then run the command that Mattn passed me.
REMEMBER, if you need use.

cya

Offline nazzica

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 15, 2013, 10:32:42 pm »
Hi ePhysic tks a lot for driving me trough the step on the console!

ok, let's report Mattn about my crashes...
1st attempt, I try running the app just click and go... then dark screen, a blue flash and a crash report. The game generate the dir and an ufoconsole.log (Attached "crash report 1" and "ufoconsole 1.log")

2nd attempt, I try run the game by the console and I got the same of ePhysic... the music start...I start hoping... but a dark screen remain on my macbook. I start "monkey clicking" all around and finally i got my mouse back and a crash report that I attach (it seems to me the same error) see "crash report 2" and "ufoconsole 2.log".

tks!

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #220 on: February 16, 2013, 08:47:03 am »
thanks a lot guys - it is indeed the same crash.

i will try to switch from fink to macports and see whether the problem exists with "their" libintl version, too. Will let you know once i have a new installer ready to test.

Offline bobcloclimar

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 10, 2013, 06:22:58 pm »
Hi, any news for an updated OSX installer ?  ???

Offline ovvldc

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 03, 2013, 10:13:58 pm »
Still nothing? The monthly blog post said fixes for all major systems. I was hoping OS X would be among the glorious recipients... :'(

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 03, 2013, 11:11:22 pm »
Sorry ovvldc, by "major systems" I meant game systems -- campaign, battlescape, soldier stats, etc.

Offline ovvldc

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 04, 2013, 09:25:03 pm »
That makes sense. Context matters ;).

Thanks for clearing it up.