project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Dev version mac binaries  (Read 11453 times)

3fps

Dev version mac binaries
« on: January 13, 2010, 08:34:36 pm »
Dying to play the new dev version of UFO:AI but I only own a mac! I've tried compiling myself, gave it a couple of hours, but failed. Reading up here, my impression is that it isn't all that uncomplicated. A few threads about precompiled but I only find http/404's and a torrent without seeds.

Is there a precompiled dev 2.3 (preferably running on 10.5) somewhere out there that i haven't seen?

Thanks in advance

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
Re: Dev version mac binaries
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 10:22:59 pm »
I don't know of and haven't seen any builds outside of this forum, but if you post detailed info on where you're stuck with compiling it yourself one of the mac guys here can try to help you.

...And if you do eventually get it to compile, it would be a great help to update anything missing in the wiki so that other mac users can have better luck as well.

3fps

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 01:30:07 am »
Right now I'm giving compiling another shot. I'm aware that this might be a Q for the fink people, but maybe its something obvious. I'm totally unable to install the package gtksourceview2. A search on the fink website package database says the -dev package is availible in stable as well as unstable (http://pdb.finkproject.org/pdb/package.php/gtksourceview2-dev). However, can't find this with command line fink. All the other stuff seems to install fine.

3fps

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 03:38:37 am »
...solved this one. It seems fink selfupdate from a fresh install will give me packages from 2007.

Instead this is required:
fink selfupdate
fink selfupdate-rsync
fink index -f
fink selfupdate

Offline poppadrake

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 01:50:12 am »
what is fink? 

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 01:54:57 am »
what is fink?  

I don't have a Mac, but from the context I think its obvious that it is some type of software, perhaps a utility or programming tool of some kind.

Then again, this perspective comes from the fact that I've done programming before, and I'm also no stranger to the command line.

Edit:  If you really want to know, Google is useful for finding out such things - Not to be rude, but I'm not going to look it up and research it for you.

...And of course there's the wikipedia, which also has a lot of (usually) good information.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 01:58:38 am by Destructavator »

Offline poppadrake

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2010, 02:12:12 am »

Edit:  If you really want to know, Google is useful for finding out such things - Not to be rude, but I'm not going to look it up and research it for you.

...And of course there's the wikipedia, which also has a lot of (usually) good information.

Ah, so...a Unix to Mac porting utility begun by a German hacker ten years ago and used throughout the HUGE open-source MAC community.  Now I know.