project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: [fixed] R27939 - reaction fire reservation doesn't work  (Read 3367 times)

Offline Halleth

• Rookie
    • View Profile
[fixed] R27939 - reaction fire reservation doesn't work
« on: January 10, 2010, 09:33:01 pm »
When I toggle reaction fire reservation nothing changes - no "green stripe" is shown, I am still able to use all the points. However, if I set the reaction fire mode "ON" and I assure enough TU's, reaction fire can be triggered.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 10:58:31 pm by Halleth »

Offline Spyro

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: R27939 - reaction fire reservation doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 03:15:51 am »
I have this problem as well. I am using r27965, and here are the symptoms...
Reaction fire - single and multiple - does not work (see illustration)
Reserving TUs for shooting does not reserve the TUs
Reserving TUs for standing/crouching does not reserve the TUs

I have tried with a new campaign, a saved campaign, and a skirmish. The same problems exist regardless of the type of game that I start.

The problem must have come about in r27939, because r27938 did not have any of the above problems (also, the code changes in 27939 altered the TU reservations system).

http://ufoai.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/ufoai/ufoai/trunk/src/client/battlescape/cl_actor.c?r1=27939&r2=27938&pathrev=27939

On a slightly unrelated note, multiple shot reaction fire has not worked for me for quite some time (or atleast the indicator - the green bar - never displays it).

Offline Spyro

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 03:37:25 am »
Undoing the changes in 97939 brings back the TU reservation system. Additionally, reaction fire was not broken before, but it might as well have been because there were no TUs being reserved (and I am not nearly clever enough to survive without that feature).

I have attached a very simple patch that rolls back the changes in 97939. This patch should be applied against 27965. More recent revisions may or may not apply cleanly.

To use this patch:
* Place the tu_fix.diff into your ufoai source code directory (the same place you run ./configure, make, etc)
* Open a terminal, go to that directory, and run the following
Code: [Select]
patch -p0 < ./tu_fix.diff
Edit: Forgot to attach the file!

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 08:08:23 am »
please fix the bug, not the symptoms - the reservation must be handled on the server side, and is send back to the client in the newly introduced network event. there must be the problem.

Offline Spyro

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 03:31:38 pm »
Ah, thanks for the reply. I have taken a quick peek at the event in question but I didn't see anything that jumped out as being problematic.

I will dig a little deeper over the weekend.

Offline Halleth

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 10:58:00 pm »
Thanks guys!

Offline Spyro

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: [fixed] R27939 - reaction fire reservation doesn't work
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2010, 01:18:20 am »
Thanks mattn! And while I'm at it, thanks to everyone else who contributes to this wonderful game!

Now I can split my time on the weekend between playing and digging around the source code... Until recently I had not realized that ufoai has one of the larger C codebases among open source games. Next time I have a problem, I am hopefully able to address the problem itself rather than the just the symptoms.