project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: The right to bear arms  (Read 3140 times)

Offline Khaliber

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
The right to bear arms
« on: January 09, 2010, 09:22:58 am »
Being a fan of the old X-Com series from its inception, figured I'd take a look at this ( very solid so far ) remake. The only major mishap I've had was attempting to arm soldiers in a base that wasn't equipped with a Hangar ( designed as a production base only ) and staffed with troops just in the eventuality of an Alien Assault. Going to attempt to transfer soldiers, equip them elsewhere and then ship em back but a seperate menu option for equipment would be spiffy  ;)

Offline Viento

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: The right to bear arms
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 11:25:58 am »
You don't have to equip them. If there is a base attack, the equipment screen comes up and you can assign gear. ;) 

But I agree, it would be a nice thing to be able to have the base defence force ready and equipped.

Andy

Offline joe davis

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 03:47:53 am »
I would like to see every soldier maintain their equipment configurations regardless of whether they are assigned to a drop ship or not.  Furthermore, I would like to be able to save equipment configurations as templates so that I can assign one to a soldier.  If I have an assault template that has an Assault Rifle in Right Hand, A Smoke Grenade, Incendiary Grenade, Flashbang, and Frag Grenade on Belt, along with a medi pack in the holster, etc.  etc. then if I save with a descriptive name like Assault Template, I could assign it quickly to a soldier and then tweak as I see fit instead of dragging and dropping the same equipment to soldiers that I want to configure that way.  I would like to be able to create my own templates, and be able to make as many as will fit on my computer, ie no set limit.  I would like the equipment to be assigned to the soldier so I can't accidentally sell it or assign it to some other soldier, and I would like to be notified if there is a problem due to something missing, like not enough ammo (in the XCom game it would notify after a mission that it couldnt restock the equipment because not enough), though it would also be nice to have an auto buy feature to purchase what is requested in templates, or after usage in a mission.  I would also like to be able to not have to use a template, like now.
I feel this would answer the above posts along with adding greater features and functionality to the game.

Offline Hertzila

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 12:34:48 pm »
A template system like that seems to be part of the new official UI design, so it will be done at some point.

The seperation of equipment and aircraft management screens is something that the devs have worked for a long time IIRC.

Offline rynait

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 01:46:15 pm »
Hello,

addition to the comment about non-hangar base defense squaddies, 

I wanted to be able to select which one is first, second etc  ...  just like i select soldiers for the dropship mission.

Is this another planned WIP?

Roy