project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Thank you  (Read 2696 times)

VaeliusNoctu

Thank you
« on: December 27, 2009, 05:01:51 pm »
I used an Translator, i fear this Translator is not really good, sorry.^^

A Thank you from an old (German) Ufo Enemy Unknown, (or Ufo Defense) Player.
I like this game and hope the new realese comes fast, i hope too there are more Alien Races in the new Version.^^
Ah, and please remove this timelimit. Its frustrating to playing, have good Soldiers and the game Ends in year X.

I have played version 2.3, its good, but I do not like the new graphics at the moment. Though the graphics are higher-quality, but buggy and the colours are not right anyhow.
What is a Lightmap block size?

Anyway this is the best UFO remake I up to now has seen and I hope 2.3 versions fast appears and the graphics then also is ok.

I dont had for a long time so much fun in a Game and I must pay nearly 50€ for this games.

Continues please this project and finish them. I am really like your work, a lot of UFO player like me count on you.

Thank you

VaeliusNoctu

Ich habe Version 2.3 angespielt, sie ist gut, aber ich mag die neue Grafik im dezeitigen Zustand nicht. Die Grafik ist zwar hochwertiger, aber verbuggt und die Farben stimmen irgendwie nicht.
Was hat es eigentlich mit der Lightmap Blockgröße auf sich?

Auf jeden Fall ist das die Beste UFO remake die ich bisher gesehen habe und ich hoffe das die 2.3 Version schnell erscheint und die Grafik dann auch ok ist.

Ich habe schon lange nichtmehr so viel Spass an einem Spiel gehabt, und das obwohl ich sonst fast 50€ dafür zahlen muss.

Macht bitte weiter so und beendet das Projekt, ich bin echt Begeister von eurer Arbeit. Viel UFO Spieler wie ich zählen auf euch.

Danke

VaeliusNoctu

« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 05:10:18 pm by VaeliusNoctu »

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
Re: Thank you
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 02:27:39 am »
Hello and welcome,

It seems your translator is mostly working fine.   ;)

I can read most of your post, both sections, without difficulty, but I'm afraid I can only reply in English as "mein Deutsch ist nicht so gut."  (Some German I can read, but if I try to write a reply in German it comes out as an awful mess.)

Regarding the "Lightmap Block Size" question, Mattn could probably explain that to you best (and he also knows your language).

Some new graphics are on the way, We've been working on new models to replace the existing ones, new graphics and such, although much of them won't be in 2.3 but might be in 2.4 or later.

Glad to hear you enjoy the game.

One part of your post I didn't quite understand - Did you pay money for this game?  This game is free and will always be free, at no cost to download.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 02:29:39 am by Destructavator »

VaeliusNoctu

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 09:42:35 am »
No, I dont pay for this Game (im write on myself i dont like this translator^^).
But i pay much money for other Games and i mean i dont have so much fun like in this game.

Thanks for your reply.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 02:39:18 am by VaeliusNoctu »

Offline colakorn

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 10:58:26 am »
i just want 2 thank u 2.
i tried 2 find and make running the old ufo games. didn work. luckily i found an wiki post about ufo:ai   
thank u 4 the great work so far  and dont stop it ;)  i know it takes much, much time.

Offline poppadrake

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 12:20:03 am »

Some new graphics are on the way, We've been working on new models to replace the existing ones, new graphics and such, although much of them won't be in 2.3 but might be in 2.4 or later.

A 2.4?!?!? Woo hoo!

Offline Hertzila

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 02:03:06 pm »
A 2.4?!?!? Woo hoo!
Don't go crazy over it. After 2.3 the devs will most likely revert back to the 6 month cycle but it will still take time. Also remember that we are still missing the next release (2.3), so there's no point going around dreaming about the release after it.

Edit: This is meant as a friendly heads-up. Getting too much anticipation early is not good, even with stellar projects like this.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 02:14:04 pm by Hertzila »