project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: UFO: Female Invasion?  (Read 23815 times)

Offline Duke

• Administrator
  • PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
Re: UFO: Female Invasion?
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2010, 09:06:45 pm »
Only female bloodspiders...

Offline kodosapiens

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2010, 10:53:25 am »
That reminds me of something. In all games like this, humans (the player) always have a variety of sprites, but only one sprite for one type of alien. Can alien sprites be varied? We can vary the darkness (the tamans came in every value of grayscale! yay!), hue, size, etc. So that the player can distinguish one alien from the other: "that dark one is wounded, the taller one is still fresh"

Or maybe every alien is genetically identical?

Or maybe sprite varieties is useless because we cannot see it clearly on the screen. If that is the case please ignore this post.

Offline Borsti67

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2010, 11:02:07 am »
Interesting idea, in general I like the idea to have some variations.
On the other hand, may be from the aliens point of view all the humans are currently indistinguishable? ;D

Offline RCO

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Females, and being PC
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2010, 08:33:21 am »
Yeah that was something I noticed too. My teams seemed to be mostly females. IN order to fix that, I just hired Males only, crappy stats and all. But I thought of it as some reverse affirmative action in the future when perfectly abled Women need to make room for weaker men, in order to bring the ratio back to normal. Or i just hated seeing women at positions of authority, or i thought it just plain unrealistic. Whatever the case, I hired more men than women. Something else i'm wondering about is the lack of Black soldiers. and also African Names. I've seen Japanese, chinese, western european, Indian, arab and east european names. But wheres Mutembe Batombe????? Or Bafano Jonka????

Offline Legendman3

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2010, 08:42:28 am »
RCO keep the race questions in that topic you made. And there need to be more males with good stats not just women it gets creepy for me

Offline RCO

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2010, 08:45:19 am »
haha sorry, you remember that one huh? not meant to be taken seriously i suppose. Although i still think being forced to hire cleaners for the base should be mandatory.

Offline Legendman3

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2010, 08:53:53 am »
haha sorry, you remember that one huh? not meant to be taken seriously i suppose. Although i still think being forced to hire cleaners for the base should be mandatory.

That didnt make sense alot(it did not alot) because the second part sounded sexist what are "cleaners"? Are you refering to women? Thats sexist

Offline Valaska

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2010, 09:51:39 am »
1. The anabolic testosterone is a key factor in muscle development and bone density. While there is enough variety that on both ends of the spectrum, there is some overlap between males and females, on average men have ten times as much testosterone as women. Women are weaker on average. This is why sports events seperate by gender.

2. The myth about a higher pain threshold of women is based on observations of women during childbirth. However, it's now well known that during this time their body pumps out different chemicals. This increases their pain threshold during this time. From an abstract, "There was a significant decline in pain threshold after labor as compared to pain threshold during labor [...] Pain intensity using the VRS score was higher during labor than before labor [...] We found a significant rise in pain threshold during labor in term pregnancies." In fact, with the exception of pregnancy, it is men who have a slightly higher pain threshold.

Sorry but go through basic training a long side women and try and come back with that crap again. Women can be just as strong as men, not everything is found in books look to the real world. And on pain threshold, yes women do have a higher pain threshold, the books actually back me up on this one as they have a huge amount of endorphins through virtually any situation when most mens bodies would go into shock and shut down.

Sorry but I've gone through actual basic training in an actual army, you can come back after you've done 3 years service in an actual army. Meaning Marines or better.

Offline Edi

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2010, 01:39:58 pm »
Sorry but go through basic training a long side women and try and come back with that crap again. Women can be just as strong as men, not everything is found in books look to the real world. And on pain threshold, yes women do have a higher pain threshold, the books actually back me up on this one as they have a huge amount of endorphins through virtually any situation when most mens bodies would go into shock and shut down.

Sorry but I've gone through actual basic training in an actual army, you can come back after you've done 3 years service in an actual army. Meaning Marines or better.
Oh wow, not this bullcrap. Here's a hint for you: The plural of a selectively biased anecdote is NOT data.

The statement that men are on average stronger than women is absolutely true. The statement that on average men are stronger than women soldiers is not necessarily true and yo would actually have to conduct a properly formulated study of that.

Offline docwild

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2010, 04:53:55 pm »
The extra endorphins make women more sensitive to pain, cold and shock in everyday situations.

There are some very good reasons why women aren't front line troops, at least in the UK. I'm not sure about US policy anymore.

Offline DiDiT

• Squad Leader
  • Your local Flame-thrower wielding Furry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2010, 05:27:09 pm »
women do make damn good medics and field doctors though... for a verity of reasons, right guys? :D

relax, I'm jokeing. but, no really, could we all quit with this 'who's better' crap?

Offline Legendman3

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2010, 11:50:35 pm »
is didit a girl? I agree with him

Offline DiDiT

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2010, 11:26:56 am »
legend, I'm preaty sure I'm a Dude!   ;D

*plays cheesy air-guitar rift*

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2010, 11:49:41 am »
As a general rule, everyone on the internet is male until proven otherwise.

Offline DiDiT

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2010, 05:46:34 pm »
rule 30, no?  ;D