Development > Coding

Requesting help from Java programmer

<< < (2/9) > >>

Duke:
@Ain Soph Aur:
I think that's a mid-range task anyway. At least 'not before 2.3' (TM).

@bayo:
Good point. Maybe it's time to consolidate the script syntax, making the plugin code easier and the usage of the scripts easier/more consistent ? From my perception only few (if any) users change the scripts, so it's a devteam thing only ?

Mattn:
indeed, what i want is a plugin that handles "the new syntax" (at least for the menu) and creates a warning if it doesn't match. If this is the case we can fix things a lot faster and easier. i've already started to write such a plugin, but it does not do a lot but just adding an ufo icon to ufo script files.

RudolfoWood:
In my study time I've seen a presentation of some eclipse plugin/project which was used to generate editor, syntax highlighting and outline just from defining the language that should be used.
I'll try to find out which project this was and how to use. Perhaps it is very easy to use this.

RudolfoWood:
http://www.emftext.org/index.php?title=EMFText
completely developed at my university (at the chair where I wrote my diploma and where a friend of mine still works)

it is a competitor to xtext, don't know which is easier to use.
I'l try to play around with it, should be easy to use it (and the plugins will be standalone so no need to add something to eclipse besides the plugins generated there).

[Edit] I played around a bit and defined the syntax for two parts of ufo code: messagecategory and messageoptions. Attached are the plugins (requires java 1.5) for eclipse that do outline and (basic) syntax coloring. In Eclipse settings some highlighting settings can be changed, this could also be done directly in syntax file, did not play with that. File name must have extension "ufogui" to be recognized, don't know why it ignores "ufo" as extension, but this is something which probably could be fixed with some investigation. Icon for ufo files uses a default ecore icon, could also be changed probably.
Putting this together was work for some hours, I did not use that EMFText before. I don't know why it ignores the "there must be a linebreak" setting in my syntax.
Code assist is working for msgoptions -> there it helps you to add either a new optionname or pause|sound|notify if optionname is specified.

Mattn:
how can i install these plugins? just add them to the dropins?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version